Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Extended VLAN(s) not allowed in current VTP mode
goal here is to add a couple of extended vlans (in 2000-3000) range to a client switch. these vlans should not be broadcast across the domain. is it possible to add to a client switch? I've actually...

Looking for something similar to Cisco 3000 series
Hi all, Does anyone know of a router that functions similar to a Cisco 3000 series. The key feature we're looking for is the ability have multiple remote locations have the same subnet and have the...

Host tracking on Cisco switch/routers using perl script
I am trying to set up a way to track the host on my network using a Perl script. I dont want to telnet in to the device using Net::Telnet::Cisco. I am thinking using Net::SNMP and the ro community...

SIP Authentication methods available?
I have an AS-5300 used by several SIP phones (mostly through Asterisk) to dial from VoIP-land to POTS-land. My current "authentication" method is rather draconian, poor and inflexible: I just played...

Re: VSM Corrupt on 2820, <- Can't get to file Guest acct not working
Hi, and thanks for answering so quickly. I found the listing for the 2822, but it is padlocked and my access won't let me into it. My CCO account is a guest type. I can still get to the 29xx files,...

Cisco VPN Concentrator 3015 password reset question
We have an old 3015 on our network that is doing NAT. Over the years, 5 - 6, the preceding network admins have lost/misplaced the admin login and pass, and of course there is no documentation. It now...

pix 6.3 pdm autoadded rules
installed pdm for the customer, added 12.12.12.12 255.255.255.255 outside (for me to test) and when you first connect, it says something about "having to add certain commands, for pdm to work...

Temporary failure on T.38 fax calls
Hello, we are facing to an ugly issue with faxing through Cisco AS5350 IOS 12.4.9T2 from a software fax sending solution. We have the same software fax working fine with AS5300 IOS 12.3.15 connected...

skinny nat problem
Two ccm clusters are connected via intercluster trunk, between them is PIX (525, V7.2), on which is NAT to be made. Skinny protocol is used. Is it possible to configure this with NAT? Any...

Cisco ASA 5500 comparison table?
Is there a table somewhere that succinctly shows the differences between: - Firewall Edition - IPS Edition - Anti-X Edition - VPN Edition TIA, -Ramon F Herrera

Figured out the CVSM! Thanks. -- VSM Corrupt on 2820, no IOS avail, but it is needed
Thanks to those that helped me get the image file for my 2924XL switches...!!! I found that one switch is a 2820 standard swithc and the HTML files are messed up on it. There was no IOS available on...

Cisco VPN Client 4.6.02.0011 -- Home Network Devices
Hi... I know I'm going to have to follow-up with my company system administrators, but am looking for info I can give them about this problem... I have the client above running on a company-supplied...

connection plar
Dear VoIP experts, Scenario: Small office, 8 phones. FXO port connected to a POTS line. The users wants two lines, say 401 and 402, to ring when the office number is called. Using connection plar is...

Class-Based QoS and bridging
A Cisco device does much of its work in hardware, while your Linux system is doing it all in software. The 2611 does not have this capability, but the 3750 and 3560 can (they have the hardware to do...

SNMP security access violation from 1760
Hi, The event log on one of our switch has been flooded with "SNMP security access violation from X.X.X.X (the IP address of our Cisco 1760 router). I checked the other switches and they are not...