Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

The Road to CCNA
Hi all, My first participation in this group is an article I wrote few months ago. The article is called "The Road to CCNA". Its a self-study road map for CCNA certification seekers. I hope it helps....

Need help with CAR on 837
Hello I have the following product: C837 - 8F/48D I have an IOS with support CAR I have the following network situation: 1.1.1.168-175 static .248 public subnet. 169 router 170 mail 171 www 173 second...

Music On Hold for 2811 ISR
Can we stream Music On Hold to the ISR without having to invest in a Cisco Music On Hold Server ? I have found info on how the MOH Server is setup to stream to CME but cant seem to find out how to do...

Access List Qs: Filter Traffic Between VLANs
Two VLANs are running on a 2950 and trunked to a 3745 which provides Internet access to both. VLAN1 has many networks running through it: 10.x, 172.x, 192.x, plus three public IP address blocks. (Not...

Vista PPTP
Hi guys, As part of me testing i've loaded it and i've a problem with my PPTP connections i've setup on my routers, i can access them normally from windows 2000 and XP but not from Vista vpdn-group...

Cisco Express 500 problems
I've being trying to get a Cisco Express 500 switch configured and working for a few days now and I'm confused as to why I can access the switch after I've configured it. I follow the directions and...

Network simulator
Hi. Could anyone recommend a Network simulator that support VLAN, OSPF, Trnking (vtp) and encapsulatoin dot1q. I have tried: "Network Visualizer 4.0 with CCNP" "CCNA Network Visualizer 5.0" "Packet...

Bridging NetBEUI over a GRE link
I would be somewhat (British understatement) surprised if GRE tunnels did not do bridging. Have you tried that? OOPS! I have had bit of a try and it doesn't appear to work. Maybe you need to look at...

3560 isl and dot1q
Hi After enabling the routing ability for the Catalyst 3560, the 3560 is an integration of the switch and router. The link between these two virtual objects is dot1d by default. Is it possible to...

EIGRP load balancing
Morning all, I have a small issue that I can't work out why I have it. I use EIGRP at work, and have two routes from one building to another. One way across is our wireless bridge, and the other is a...

ASA/PIX High Availability
I have a PIX 515. I will be adding a second internet pipe at another location which is connected by dark fiber. I want to know if it is possible to configure a PIX (running 7.2) and an ASA with...

Cisco 2600, How to select PPPoE Service Name
Hi, I have a C2600 that I want to use as a gateway to my ISP. The ISP is providing their service using PPPoE. ISP have several PPPoE services under different Service-names, but I was not able to get...

PIX standby unit routes
I've got a pair of PIX 515 in active/standby failover configuration, running 7.2(2). Rather than have a bunch of static routes on the pix, it's running OSPF to learn the inside networks, and to...

Please help me with my IPv6 setup
Hi, I've got a 871W router (w/ Adv IP Services) on which I'd like to setup IPv6. I started on the WAN side and requested a IPv6 tunnel from a tunnel broker. The tunnel is a IPv6 in IPv4 tunnel and was...

content networking with asa 5500
Good morning, Can the ASA manage the failover and load balancing of webservers? Thanks!