Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cisco 877 Router - VLAN/DMZ Configuration/Problem
Dear Group, I am trying to set up a Cisco 877 with an additional VLAN. This is to provide wireless clients access out on the internet using the same link as the corporate network but segregated from...

dropped packets
I am told that we are monitoring and reading dropped packets from some of the routers at our isp. I am not sure what amount of dropped packets there are as a percentage of total bandwidth, over the...

Regarding Qos Policies-PBNM
Hi, Am working for PBNM project.I need to define policies using Qos u plz help me out in defining policies and tell me how to register SubStation with Base provide some brief discussion about PBNM and...

Basic Config help needed 1841 Router 2 ethernet
Hi, I am attempting to configure an 1841 with 2 Ethernet connections and am unable to get things working with a simple config. My setup is : External IP Ethernet 0 - Internal IP Ethernet 1 NAT...

SNMP vs CLI
Hi all, Both CLI and SNMP are able to retreive the information of the switch. What is the difference between the two besides the connection interface? When should I use CLI and when the SNMP will do...

RouterSim or NetSim? Target systems: 600-800 Mhz.
Hi, I would like to train a group of aspiring students who want to work with cisco router environment. Tough call, but real routers are a bit pricy here. Getting older models out of ebay won't be...

Reg. IPv6 Default Router
In IPv6 environment, how long will it take for a host to learn that a router is unreachable before it will switch to another default router. Will the unreachable router's entry be removed from the...

network browser problem error 6118
Hi, all, I have subnets in the network which contains PIX firewall and layer 3 switch (Cat4506) , but only one subnet ( say 172.27.5.0/24 ) can not be browsed from the "My Network places". This subnet...

One machine wont connect to 3500XL
I'm not a cisco guru by any stretch of the imagination yet the task of playing with them falls to me in this small company. Learning curve resembles a skate ramp at the moment. I've got one machine...

CISCO 828 SDSL Config
Hi I am not an expert at CISCO products but I am able to configure simple routing via the command line Anyway, I have a CISCO 828 Router and I want to use it on a UK SDSL line. I able to set it up in...

Bgp twice
Just wondering if Bgp v4.0 will work when running 2 routers on the CPE(customer premesis). Currently we have Bgp 4 running between two providers and both providers' bonded T's come into our 1 edge...

C3550 - web console - getting 404 error
I am playing around with the webconsole and access-list (or want to): switch#sh run | include http ip http server When I access http://192.168.50.15/, I get a page that I can do various thWeb Console...

Segregating Traffic
The 1711 at a remote site has a guest VLAN to isolate traffic there from the default VLAN1. When this traffic gets to the main network on its way out to the Internet, the boss wants to have it bypass...

Cisco 1221 AP to IP phone phone power issue
I am are working on a solution for a county fire service. They recently have had a sizeable Cisco IP phone rollout, over their ~30 stations. The next stage is to install phones in their Breathing...

Problems with Point-to-Point
Hi, I have two Cisco 2610 routers, each with WIC-1DSU-T1 cards. We have a Point-to-Point between two locations and I am using these to route the traffic between. The lines belong to Verizon and the...