Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Several questions about Cisco devices and SNMP
Hello guys! I am implementing auto-discovering application based on SNMP protocol. Each network device (typically Cisco router or switch) is presented in my system in terms of templates. Templates...

L2 or L3 link between distribution swithes?
Hi, we will change our network from L2 to multilayer (L2/L3) network. The layout of the network is the traditional access-distribution-core -type network where the access-distribution link is L2 link...

Cisco PIX and RSA passthru - What ports need opening
Hi I am trying to implement RSA in our AD environment and am not having much joy getting the system to authenticate or more to the point see the vpn over the net First of all on the LAN I can use the...

Opening a port
I hope not to get flamed here. I have a pix 515e ios 6.3(3). I have a machine that I need to access port 8082 from the outside. I created a access list for it but somehow think I need a nat for it...

Switch behaving strange
In my catalyst 4506 switch some of the users loose their connectivity to the gateway in their pc for a certain period.If the ip is renwed in pc or the port is reseted in the switch then the pc will...

4506 acting as LNS with L2TP over IPsec and IPsec over L2TP.
Hi guys, I would like to have a Cisco 4506 with Supervisor IV or V (and the IOS with encr features) acting as LNS for IPsec over L2TP and L2TP over IPsec tunnels. They come from 2 different providers...

CSM command similar to CSS sticky-srcip-dstport
Is there a command in the CSM similar to the CSS command sticky-srcip- dstport? If thre isn't...is there still a way to do something similar on the CSM?

GRE tunnels
I need to configure an unencrypted gre tunnel between two layer 3 switches (3560 and 3750) when i do an int tunnel0 it doesnt accept the command, however 'int ?' shows tunnel is there and it even tab...

Typical Read/Write times for a TCAM
Hi, Does any one know what are the typical time values to search an entry in a TCAM and to add an entry to a TCAM. Can someone direct me to a datasheet that mentions these things. I will appreciate...

Voip question
Hi, We are checking different solutions for VOIP. It seems Cisco is one of the most expensive ones. I checked different documents and options to justify this difference in cost but couldnt come up...

connection limiting
Is it possible to do connection limiting with cisco 3560, 3750, 4500, or 6500 family of switches? Kyle

I need code for nating in ppp multilink environment
I need help from someone to set nating in multilink environment My router internal ip address is : 192.168.1.2 My router external ip address is : 125.117.1.177 My router multilink ip address is :...

CCNP Video Mentor - How good is it?
Hi all, For those of you seeking the CCNP certification, this article might be useful: CCNP Video Mentor - How good is it? hope it helps. Mohammed

Cisco Dual ISP's VPN Failover
Does anybody know what kit to properly implement a VPN failover solution using 2 seperate ISP's. My client already has cisco pix 501 in remote branches and 515e in main site. They dont mind chaning...

SDM Express hangs on install to Cisco 857 Router
I have bought a Cisco 857 Router & can connect to it using the default ip address 10.10.10.1 I launch the SDM express software & fill in all relevent details as instructed in the manual, then as I get...