Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PIX firewall 6.3 and SMTP
Hi all, We just switch to Cisco pix firewall 6.3(5), and we cannot rev/send email through our ISP mail server. I already add this : access-list acl_grp permit tcp any any access-group acl_grp in...

AS-5500: Do access lists work the same in firewall vs. VPN?
Until now, I have installed firewalls and VPN boxes in parallel, as two separate devices. Now, however, I am working with an AS-5500 and I am a little confused about the interaction between the two...

VPN Question
I am looking into a 3030 VPN concentrator for people to be able to connect in remotely. They will of course have their own External IP addresses. The concern I am having is that if they share internal...

Help gather Layer 2 mac and ip
I've just been assigned to a new company to support their network. The server environment comprises of 2 networks; this equates to two network cards per server. First network is production traffic....

Dynamic NAT w/ Overload
Hi all, I seem to be having a really dumb problem, i know it is something simple that i am overlooking, and i have removed anything that i can think of that would be blocking my internal network from...

NAT source based on destination... per request?
As traffic comes in over my T1 into a cisco 1700 series, I'm NATing the outside source based on the inside destination. In other words if joe internet is trying to get to my server at x.y.z.5, the...

Need code for enabling ping replies
Hi, I need pix code for enabling ping replies for both public address outside for inside address. I have cisco pix 6.3 and i whenever i ping some outside sites, i dont get ping replies also when i...

SNMP / monitor device availabilities
Hi, Can anyone recommend a freeware / open source SNMP program to monitor device availabilities on Cisco switches and routers? I'm looking for something very basic to monitor approximately 50 devices....

Connection Problems Cisco Catalyst 4503 & Sunfire 240
Hello, i have a problem that the connection with a Sunfire 240 does not work on 1 Gbit Speed. 10/100 Full/half is nor problem but if i change the server to 1Gbit the connection goes down. Has anyone...

VPN Client 4.01 into PIX 501
During the day I work here at an architectural firm in McLean, VA as the IT manager. The principals and associates use the Cisco VPN client 4.01 to VPN into the network and all of them can connect...

error "PDM does not support multiple...access list"
Hi All: I thought I had this straightened out, but I'm getting the "PDM does not support multiple use of access list" error. Can someone point out where the error is? Result of firewall command: "show...

Change a server's IP address?
I have a 2691 router and a PIX 515. I want to change an IP address on a dmz server and know this will cause a routing issue...maybe. I want to move the IP to another server instead. Is there a quick...

catalyst express 500
I just upgraded a Catalyst Express 500 to 12.2.25(SEG2), and now I cannot get into the Device Manager. It will not connect on port 80 or port 443, but I can still read SNMP data. The switch still...

Need sample code for Multilink1 setup with two isp
Hi, I need a multilink1 sample code for Cisco 2610 router with two isp. I need any working code from someone so that i can change and implement according to my setup. Note: my current setup has ppp...

VPN problems - need help badly
I am burdened with fixing a major problem at my place of work: We cannot get consistency from a VPN connection that we need with our State. I am slightly skilled with computers, but no where near most...