Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PIX | odd netmask on nat statement
I have a config that I inherited that shows an odd method of natting. The nat (inside) statment has a netmask of 255.255.240.192 following the network prefix. the behavior appears to allow a certain...

How to set up VLAN trunking to connect to an ISP
Hi, All, I have a very basic and small scenario on VLAN and trunking technology that will be applied on our network. After searching on the Internet for a while I couldn't get clear specification...

Routing Question - How to send default internet traffic to PIX and VPN traffic from router out internet
This is the scenario: I have a network with Subnet: 192.168.1.0/20 A Cisco 1841 Exists as the default Gateway: 192.168.1.1 Fa0/1, Fa0/2 is 66.43.54.111 A PIX 501 Exists to filter traffic:...

question on the internal IP address design
Hi, forks, I have a question on how to design our private IP addresses after we upgrade the network to fiber optics and maintain only one LAN. We are a local government entity which has three...

3 switch network
There are three 3750 switches. To create three networks. Each would need to communicate with each other. Interconnection between them will be trunk via the LC (gig) interface. Do each of them need IP...

PIX 515E DMZ with Public IP and Inside with Private IP
Hi, I have T1 with a class C that is subnetted into two for Outside and DMZ network with Inside using private IP address. My question is how do I configure the DMZ to use the public address without...

vtp mode changes and extended vlans
what happens to vlan info when switching from transparent to server mode? also, curious why ext-vlans can't be propagated. thanks

email notification for unreachable switch
Hi all, I've been setting up Ciscoworks today to alert me of certain changes using syslog messages to trigger an email. What I'd like is to trigger an email after a switch is considered down, i.e.,...

Weird problem with pix 6.3(5)
Hi all, We switch to Cisco pix firewall 6.3(5) last week and have a very weird problem. (1) No one from the "outside" can access our web server after the server runs a while, but people from the...

cisco pix VPN routing issues
Hi All! I've got 4 site-to-site VPN tunnels to PIX 515E in my central office (A). From this office I can ping branch offices B, C and D. From offices B, C and D I can also ping my central office A....

One router / 2 WANs / Load balancing and Failover - HOW?
To whom it may concern or can help: The available hardware is a Cisco 7505 with an RSP-4 256MB RAM/32MB Flash Card. The goal is to (for the moment) setup load balancing and failover with one router....

QoS not working
I have follow QoS configuration on Cisco Access Point: class-map match-all _class_testowa1 match access-group name testowywww class-map match-all _class_testowa0 match access-group name testowy...

Internet access for vpn clients
I configured my router following instructions at: goal of it is to enable VPN clients internet access, but rather trough VPN router's Internet connection then trough split tunneling. After...

Configure ssh access to router ... possible without domain name?
The only way I can find to configure ssh on a router vty is as follows crypto rsa generate rsa line vty 0 15 transport input ssh The problem is that the crypto line cannot be entered without having ip...

IP Directed Broadcasts
Hey all, We wish to send IP Directed Broadcasts through our routers (for SMS 2003). This will be used for our Wake on Lan packet. We would like to set up our interfaces to where the SMS server will be...