Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Adding Route to net on Far side of VPN?
How do you either use EIGRP on a PIX and pass the route over the VPN, or add static routes to networks over a VPN link? Traffic from 10.1.x.y is fine to/from 10.2.6.1 I cant hit 10.6.0.X from 10.1.0.x...

Multicast on LAN
Sounds too easy. Would I need a Rendezvous Point on the core? Should I enable CGMP and IGMP on all switches?

Cisco 186 firmware blues...
I am attempting to upgrade the firmware on a cisco ata186 from 2.15 mgcp to the newest mgcp firmware 3.1, I have all the correct filescreated but i am missing something when it comes to pointing the...

3750G - SFP Interface DOWN
Hi, How do you bring UP an SFP interface on a 3750G? I have a VLAN 5 setup for it that I want this interface to go through... Can't seem to work at the moment. Thanks!

2821 - additional ports
Hello, teading the docus for the 2821 there are different modules available: - hwic-1fe - hwic-4esw our (new) layout should look like Internet(4Mbit) | | 2821 ---- internal-backbone (16Mbit)--- other...

Use ISDN router as switch?
Hello all, This might be a daft question, so please don't shoot me down in flames!! I have a Cisco SOHO 97 router installed (uptime nearly 2 years :-), happily running my broadband connection at home....

Replace a VPN3000 with an ASA ?
Hi Has anybody in this group, done a replace of VPN3030 with ASA5520 or likely ? I wouldlike to know if they are feature compatible, like Autoupdate of VPN-clients and RSA token etc. Also if there are...

Isdn BRI problem
Hi, we have a cisco 2811 router and 8 ipphones pluged behind. We need to dial out by BRI connexions (we have a VIC2-BRI connected) This VIC2 is directely connected to 2 t=E9l=E9phony op=E9rator (T0)....

Linksys with cisco switch
I try to connect a Linksys switch to a live LAN with Cisco Switches, I connect with cross-over cable and he lights show fine, but I can get connection from clients, no internet no connection with the...

seting up DCHP client
I have a Cisco 2500 router and I would like to set it up behind my Verizon router. Also is it possible to use the Verizon router/modem as a modem and not a router ? May rreason is that I have a...

Frame Relay -HQ-remote offices slow connection
There's lots of areas to start looking. Define 'slowness' , confirm how many users are affected, what applications / protocols are using the link and what are their charastics ie. what's the maximum...

Logging DHCP Events
Is there any way to set a Cisco router to log DHCP events to my syslog server (when my ISP's DHCP server changes the IP address assignment to my service or when my DHCP server assigns one of its...

Hardware compression on 7206VXR
Hello, Did anyone manage to achieve hardware compression on serial interfaces (PA-4T+) on Cisco7206VXR? We have SA-VAM2+ module and I don't know how to configure hardware compression on HDLC links....

What to do when the break sequence is not working in Cisco router
Hi all, Here is what to do when the break sequence does not work in password recovery: What to do when the break sequence is not working in Cisco router and notes are welcomed. Regards, Mohammed

BGP peer traffic exchange.
Hi all, I use Cisco 7500 and Cisco Catalyst 6000 as BGP routers. Ofcourse there is no problem to read interfaces bps and pps load but I would like to get additional info about BGP peer traffic volume....