Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cisco 1720 - DRAM and FLASH upgrade
Hi, I have an 1720 router with 32MB DRAM and 8MB flash. I would like to upgrade router to max supported amount of DRAM and flash which is 48MB DRAM and 16MB flash. I would like to know where should I...

Do all service providers accept /24's via BGP?
We have recently acquired a /24 from APNIC and are advertising this range with BGP via two ISP's. We configured BGP between ISP1 twelve days ago and ISP2 seven days ago. Our second ISP casualy...

installing IOS ?
How do I update the IOS on my 2500 router

Linksys or Netgear switch that supports 802.1q
Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck running VLAN on a Cisco router (ROAST) with Linksys or Netgear switches? I specifically refer to 802.1q protocol. Regards, Fred

Block internal IP with Cisco PIX 501
Can I block a specific internal IP or range of IP from accessing the outside interface ie internet on a PIX 501. If so, I was hoping for a little help with the command line. Thanks in advance!

PIX506e 2 internet connections
Hello - I have a PIX 506e, I would like to bring another internet connection into the outside interface using VLANs. The existing internet connection will need to remain in place and have static...

AP1232 authentication options
I'm configuring a AP1232 and cannot find an agreeable authentication method to use. The latest IOS doesn't seem to support MAC authentication with WPA- PSK. I'm not planning to use a external Radius,...

Map external IP (PPPoE) to internal IP
I have 5 static IP's from SBC: 76.190.10.1 76.190.10.2 76.190.10.3 76.190.10.4 76.190.10.5 Mask 255.255.255.248 GW: 76.190.10.6 My equipment is: 1) Cisco PIX 501, 2) Sppedstream 4100 (in bridge mode)...

%SPANTREE-7-BLOCK_PORT_TYPE:
We have a core 4506 switch with 2 WS-X4306-GB and a supervisor II+. All distribution switches connect via fiber to the GBIC slots. On one GBIC slot, the fiber goes to a netscreen firewall. the...

ISDN connected log question
Hi! Does someone know what it means when I see something like a MAC-address in the ISDN-connected log? %ISDN-6-CONNECT: Interface BRI0:1 is now connected to 0123456789 00b0.e800.793c Thanks. Chris

Cisco adds mobility to unified comms
Cisco has unveiled the next release of its Unified Communications portfolio, with highlights including the addition of mobile phones to the range of devices supported, thanks to the incorporation of...

cisco routers and ip spoofing
Hello, I am setting up two cisco 2621 routers. I am new to cisco routers but I have read the manuals. Is there anything special I have to do to prevent ip spoofing? i.e. preventing spoofed packets...

I need Help tracking down where packets are being dropped..
I'm looking for a way to see traffic that is being dumped on a PIX VPN Connection. I have Syslog set up to log all incoming packets and Denys and that is working, though it does not seem to be logging...

RSTP info on proposal
Hi, Need help to understand if the proposal will be sent if there is no change in the port role when there is change in the root bridge. I have three switches connected like this....

Adding an additional route to a PIX 525?
I have a PIX 525 (172.16.1.181/16) that serves as the default gateway for a bunch of client machines. I also have a site-to-site VPN connected for access to a remote office, it's local IP is...