Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CISCO SAN IMPLEMENTATION
Can anyone explain to me in simple english, what will CISCO SAN will do for you, The Cisco MDS 9020 Series Fabric Switch will plug into a SAN gear like HP, NetAPP (which is where data will be stored),...

Implementing redundancy on 2 FastEhernet Interfaces on 2800
Is there any way i can configure redundancy on 2 FE interfaces, meaning i have to internet links terminating to a 2800, i want one interface to be active and the other one to be passive, incase the...

IP SLB on 3640 IOS 12.4 hangs
I have a 3640 with IOS 12.4.8c, and I have set up Server Load Balance virtual servers with their corresponding real servers (not using NAT). This works fine with this IOS release. I have tried...

VLANS on SOHO Router
Does the Cisco 831 SOHO router support VLAN and ROAST (Router On A Stick)? Has anyone here had any success in doing it? Regards, Fred

changed state to up changed state to down FastEthernet LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN
Good evening, My LAN management guys are reporting that " interface is down with our Cisco switch " . I have checked the log files on the Cisco switch and I found the following errors: 23w5d:...

I have strange routing problem with my C3560 switch.
Hello I have strange routing problem with my C3560 switch. I can ping from my PC (10.94.200.9) to my cisco ge0/2 (10.94.200.10). but I can NOT ping from my PC to cisco ge0/23. And it is not a problem...

Suggestion for a VPN concentrator?
Hi folks, do you have any any suggestion for a concentrator that should manage about 100 connection from teleworkers? Is the ASA series the only one available for this purpose? TIA Alex.

Blocking Internal Spammers using Pix 501
Hi, I look after a small company network where people have a habit of installing all sorts of rubbish on their PCs. I have already configured the 501 to block all traffic on port 25 except to the IP...

Cisco 1720 - DRAM and FLASH upgrade
Hi, I have an 1720 router with 32MB DRAM and 8MB flash. I would like to upgrade router to max supported amount of DRAM and flash which is 48MB DRAM and 16MB flash. I would like to know where should I...

Do all service providers accept /24's via BGP?
We have recently acquired a /24 from APNIC and are advertising this range with BGP via two ISP's. We configured BGP between ISP1 twelve days ago and ISP2 seven days ago. Our second ISP casualy...

installing IOS ?
How do I update the IOS on my 2500 router

Linksys or Netgear switch that supports 802.1q
Can anyone tell me if they've had any luck running VLAN on a Cisco router (ROAST) with Linksys or Netgear switches? I specifically refer to 802.1q protocol. Regards, Fred

Block internal IP with Cisco PIX 501
Can I block a specific internal IP or range of IP from accessing the outside interface ie internet on a PIX 501. If so, I was hoping for a little help with the command line. Thanks in advance!

PIX506e 2 internet connections
Hello - I have a PIX 506e, I would like to bring another internet connection into the outside interface using VLANs. The existing internet connection will need to remain in place and have static...

AP1232 authentication options
I'm configuring a AP1232 and cannot find an agreeable authentication method to use. The latest IOS doesn't seem to support MAC authentication with WPA- PSK. I'm not planning to use a external Radius,...