Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

external vlan
I have a number of catalyst 3750 stackable switches in the network. We are on 5 floors, each floor has it's own catalyst stack which ties into the core stack on the 1st floor. We are also layer 3 ip...

inter-vlan routing on switch 3560 SMI?
Could anyone tell me whether Catalyst 3560 switch with SMI (IP basic) software is able to do inter-vlan routing? Many thanks!

Two "nat outside" statements, how?
Hi, I have a customer setup who has both a T1 and ADSL line back to the same ISP. They have a LAN block routed to them and OSPF is used in both directions for failover. Currently their junky little...

PIX506E and Internet data transfer rate
We will subscribe fiber optics in all our three locations and plan to replace a old layer-2 switch with a layer-3 3650G switch in the headquarter to handle VLAN trunking and inter-vlan routing. The...

Why use diffie-hellman in IPSec when using a PSK?
When setting up a site-to-site vpn, phase 1 of the IKE includes the creation of a public/private key pair by diffie-hellman and then the exchange of public keys with the other end of the vpn tunnel....

dedicated external ports
I have a number of catalyst 3750 stackable switches in the network. We are on 5 floors, each floor has it's own catalyst stack which ties into the core stack on the 1st floor. We are also layer 3 ip...

Router Died
Hi Group, I have a Cisco 2600 series router that went down last night, upon coming in this morning I was able to get consoled into the box, all that is scrolling on the screen is : 'unexpected AIM...

Cisco 2501 Bridge mode
How do I go about checking to see if a 2501 router is working properly in bridge mode? Thanks.

Cisco dot1x via snmp
Hi, How to detect interfaces with configurated dot1x(Cisco PAE) via snmp? Thanks, Kesy

Need help with adtran if possible.
Hello. I am still learning the whole thing of routing and all. I have a T1 terminating at an Adtran NetVanta router/CSU/DSU unit. I orignially configured it and has been working great since. The...

OSPF hello timer
Does anyone have experience of winding OSPF timers down from the usual 10-second hello interval? We have a stub area that we'd like to make respond more quickly to outages and this seems like the...

WLAN controller?
Hi there ! What the hell is a "WLAN controller", like the 2106 model? The box itself doesn't seem to have any WLAN functionality but I can connect APs to the switch ports. What's the the difference to...

Fun and games with NAT
Afternoon all, I have a bit of a situation I have to deal with regarding an IP scheme migration, currently I have a number of sites which have been assigned address ranges within our network,...

PIX Lan-to-DMZ connectivity
Hi there, We have a PIX 506E and have recently set up a DMZ. Currently machines in the DMZ and the LAN can both access the internet. I have entered a NAT 0 command and access-list to enable...

MPLS with Diff-Serv
Bonjour, A basic question about the label in MPLS. Normally, the label is used to forward the MPLS packet to the next hop. I'm wondering how this behavior is maintained when the label carries the...