2960S capabilities

First I want to say that I've looked into all the Cisco documentation and its clear that it is inconsistent at best. So if someone who has a 2960S could answer I would really appreciate it.

According to Cisco the 2960S is a layer 2 switch, but it does have some layer 3 capabilities (I think you need to change the template to get them all). The command reference for the 2960S doesn't show the route-map command, but the Unsupported Commands list match ??? prefix-length under route-map as not supported. This tends to imply that all the other route-map commands are supported.

The documentation regarding all this is identical for the 2960S and the

2960G (which I have). And I can tell you conclusively that Policy Based Routing is fully supported on the 2960G.

But I need to buy some more switches and I like the 2960x series, but I need to know for sure if PBR is supported. So if someone has done this on a

2960S, or has one and is willing to do a little checking, I be beyond thankful.

RC

Reply to
RC
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.