2801 power supply woes...

We have a fair number of 2801s installed around the world. We have experienced quite a few power supply failures. I'm not sure of the exact number and the percentages... but it sure seems high to me. (I'm actually posting this for my boss... i'm not a network guy.... ) I think we've lost something like 9 power supplies in the last 12 months... this is out of about 90 units... I can go years without loosing a power supply in one of my 120 servers that I manage...

So my questions is, is anyone else experiencing this kind of all out rate with the 2801's power supply?

TIA, john

Reply to
John S.
Loading thread data ...

we run around 150 C2801, and around 15 other 2800's, like 2811 and 2851 We have not yet seen any powerfailures ! We run 230 vac, and 50 hz We have had them around for like 1½ year

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Hi John,

What is the P/N displayed on the labels of your failed power supplys?

Troubleshooting the Power and Cooling Systems

formatting link
Cisco 2800 Series Router Hardware Troubleshooting

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese Cisco Repair and Hardware Troubleshooting

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Troubleshooting

formatting link
Thanks for the reply and the links...

Just go and e-mail from the boss... he said he has a long story to tell me but bottom line is I can stop researching this problem... sounds like he's found something out... LOL!

thanks again! john

Reply to
John S.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.