Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Router to Connect VLANs
Using two ethernet interfaces will segment your network onto 2 LANs, therefore no need for VLANs. The benefit of VLANs is to use one Router interface and create several sub interfaces to segment your...

NAT ~ when two computers with same IP talk?
What happens when I'm at home behind my router at 192.168.0.1 and I talk to my friend who's at home behind his router also using the IP address 192.168.0.1. I'm rusty on NAT, how does my router know...

interconnect console port
Hi, In equipment requirements for lab I've found "A/B/C/D switch to connect PC to the router's console port". What hardware type is A/B/C/D switch ? Could you please send me examples of this device ?...

Subnetting Within Single VLAN
Hello.. I have an ASA and sub-interfaces setup for multiple VLANS on a single interface. One of the ranges is 10.1.79.0/24. On the switch I have servers plugged in and a WIFI router also plugged in....

Reverse telnet.
Hi folks, the topic maybe has been discussed over and over but since I can not get my 877 accessing to a 837 through reverse telnet I'm here to ask your help. ---------- 877 CONF ------------ [CUT] !...

Multiple subinterfaces per port on a 3745
Hello Experts, I am trying to replace a linux router with a cisco 3745 router (IOS 12.4) in a testbed. In my current linux configuration, I am able to create multiple subinterfaces on a single port....

3640 latest 124-16 wont fit in flash
| im trying to load the latest 3640 ios ( | however with max 32mb flash i cant load it. it says not enough space | on device. im currently running jk9o3s-mz-124-5a. on my linux box ls - | l shows...

Question about PIX 515E setup
I am new at setting up the PIX and have a real basic question that I hope someone will be kind enough to help with. I have a client that currently has a T1 with an Adtran router that is forwarding...

voip rtp nat problem
Hi all, I have a Cisco 857W as router (with 1 fixed public address). NAT is in use and behind it there are some servers (mail, www, dns). Everything works fine except my voip box...

Cisco 877w: Fa0-3 Interfaces up but no traffic passes
Thanks for this, your post got me thinking. I just tried removing dot1q config from the interfaces and suddenly everything springs to life: ** Before/Broken** interface FastEthernet0 desc Voice VLAN...

PIX 501 - 2 WAN Connections, how to route certain IPs to the 2nd WAN
Hello all, I have 2 WAN Connections. 1=Broadband connection with static IP (172.23.14.2) 2=T-1 connection with static IP (172.23.14.1) I want all traffic to default to the Broadband connection...

Two (2) PIX525's set for standard failover, but both show as "Secondary" units
I'm stuck! I'm trying (remotely) to correct a situation that cropped up on a pair of PIX525's that were configured for standard failover using the failover cable. Both have Unrestricted Active/Active...

MRTG for a PIX
Could someone share a working MRTG configuration for graphing the traffic over the outside interface of a PIX 501? cfgmaker doesn't work because the PIX doesn't allow snmpwalk, and I have a pretty...

ASA5520 - WebVPN authenticating to ACS, unable to lock users to specific groups/policies
Hello there, I have an ASA5520 with two WebVPN tunnel groups configured. One is very limited in the sites the users can access, the other is much more open and allows most of the features of WebVPN....

load balancing adsl and sdsl
Hi all, I have just been asked to setup load balancing over one sdsl circuit and one adsl circuit on a 1721 router. Is this possible ?? Thanks Alex