Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

View contents of .txt file in router flash
I have a file in flash called: something.txt I want to view the contents, on the terminal. Is there something similar to *nix "cat" that I can run on the router to view the file contents?

Cisco ASA 5520 VPN Client Question
Hello all, I have a ASA 5200 box that I've configured for client VPN connections. I have it set up to hand out DHCP addresses for the network that the box is connected to on the inside. When I connect...

Access-Lists to block internet abuse
Hi we've got two sites connected through site to site vpn's and we believe there is a large amount of p2p file sharing going on which may be using up precious bandwidth resulting in slow vpn tunnel...

Cisco VPN client issue
Hi, I have a VPN client that having connectivity issue, she is using "vpnclient-win-msi-5.0.01.0600-k9.exe" to connect to a PIX515, I tried her laptop with 3 different lines everything is fine but...

Cisco Government Positions in DC and AZ
I have a number of openings on my teams in the DC area and in AZ. These are all government positions. If you are interested in learning more, please contact me directly. Thank you! Justin Ayers...

Site-to-Site VPN & VPN Server
We currently have a site-to-site VPN. We would like to also setup our own VPN so our agents can work from home. When I use the SDM to setup the VPN server, it takes down the site-to-site. Questions...

Catalyst AUX port management dial in and security
Hi all If I want to connect a modem to the AUX port of a Catalyst 6513 running IOS, what security options do I have to prevent unauthorized access? I know you can set up a login command with local...

Need to roll out a single command to about 30 routers...
Anyone out there have a Bash script for this kind of thing?

VLANs and Pix515?
Hello, according to what I found so far, our Pix515 with software V7.2(2) is supposed to support VLANs. But I am unable to configure any virtual devices. Thus, is my assumption wrong? The Pix has an...

How to tell if my vlans are layer 2 or layer 3.
The other day I was asked if my network used layer 2 or layer 3 vlans and I really wasn't sure and I didn't know what to look for. I did some googling and I am guessing that my network uses layer 3...

Cisco DHCP server and Microsoft DNS server
Hi guys, I need to integrate a Cisco DHCP server on a 4506 Catalyst with Windows 2003 DNS server, Is it possible for the DNS entry to be updated? And whether it is recommended or not? Regards, Andy

Re: PIX says "no route" even though there is [SOLVED]
I have been complaining here and elsewhere that some PIXen I mangage are emitting log messages like this: Sep 10 06:15:10 pixinquestion %PIX-6-110001: No route to 10.2.167.2 from 192.168.1.100 even...

PIX standby
Tow Solutions: 1) Use IPv6. The interface IPs are different (based on MAC) and will fail in failover for a couple of seconds. In 8.0(2) the bug is fixed and IPv6 has the same behavior like IPv4. 2)...

PIX NAT/PAT IP locks up, but static conduits continue - How to track bad pc?
We use a PIX 515 and we have about 275 users going out a 3 mbps pipe. It has worked well for years. This morning for 2 hours, the pcs that all share an external ip address via dynamic NAT/PAT failed...

Help with 2821 - VWIC-2MFT-T1 Card - initial config
Gang, I'm the new owner of a Cisco 2821 with 4 VWIC-2MFT-T1 Cards. I'm going to multilink 8 T1 lines until our vendor can get a DS3 in place (we are rural). All of these will be data. I don't...