Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ASA5510 - VPN Client loses Gateway address after couple of minutes
We have set up a ASA 5510 for remote VPN access. It works and when a client connects he gets an address like 10.11.11.2 and a gateway 10.11.11.1 and everything works BUT after several minutes the VPN...

ASA 5510 Loopback configuration
Not sure if loopback is right term but here's the scenario: Small Business with a 5510. External domain name is internal AD domain is domain.local. Mail is hosted internally with webmail having an...

video conferencing using Cisco 1811 and Polycom video conference
Hi, I can make out bound calls using my video conference unit a Polycom Viewstation but I can not recieve calls. My router is a cisco 1811. What sort of things do I need to be looking for in the...

Suggestion and recommendation please
Hi folks, I have post somes messages regarding the PPPoE protocol forwarding. Thanks to Merv to help me in the understanding of the protocol. I have read on the Cisco FAQ that some router can act as...

Secondary Number to CUE Problem
I'm trying to set up a CME 4.0 / CUE 3.0installation for direct inward dialing by using the secondary number on their ephone-dns. That way the client won't have to give up their current extension...

Configuring dhcp on cisco 3750
I've been trying to configure a simple dhcp setup with the following topology: Cisco3750[Port:1] dhcp server 192.168.2.100 Cisco3750[Port:3-5] dhcp clients I am using tetheral on the dhcp server...

Cisco 2811 with HWIC-4ESW
I have a Cisco 2811 running IOS adventerprisek9-mz.12.4-15.T and a HWIC-4ESW installed. Does anyone have the foggiest idea of how to get fa0/0 to share a vlan with fa0/0/0-3 (the ports on the...

BSCI.
Hi, I'd like to learn for BSCI exam and I found two books from ciscopress: a) Building Scalable Cisco Internetworks (BSCI) (Authorized Self-Study Guide), 3rd Edition b) CCNP BSCI Official Exam...

MIB Discovery Failure
Running a Cisco 3845 with 12.4(9)T1 The following command: sho snmp mib ifmib ifindex Tunnel160123 yields the following results: Interface = Tunnel160123, Ifindex = 37 However the Ifindex is *not*...

Determining device type via SNMP
I have a list of devices. I need to specifically determine which are Cisco 5xxx/55xx CAT switches. What SNMP get command might clearly identify which meet this requirement? Marco

Switch 3750 - Interface VLAN counters
Hello all, I use MRTG to poll (SNMP) my cisco switches and to graph in/out bandwidth for some specific ports. I would like to poll a 3750 switch to get in/out bandwidth for some VLAN interfaces. I...

2924 + vlans
I have 2 2924's with the WS-X2924-XL-V expansion port in each. I have the trunks between switches set up via port group 1 on 2 interfaces on each swithc. It seems to work well on switch 2, I have...

Xmit-Err and Rcv-Err via SNMP?
You guys happen to know of any good online resources? I'm trying to find out if I can get errors on older CATs via SNMP. Specifically, I need Xmit-Err and Rcv-Err. (From the "show port x/y" command):...

Fire the web morons!
OK, today's "new and improved" Cisco website is about the worst piece of excrement I've seen yet. When I'm in a hurry to find the details of a particular command in a particular IOS release, the last...

Problem Configuring 2621
I have a somewhat vexing issue, the router is running 12.3(9) I am configuring this to be a spare for an existing 2621 which is running 12.0(7). I enter all the configuration information and when done...