Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

RANCID + PIX
Rancid is working nicely downloading my switch, router and PIX configs. Checking in today to load up a backup firewall from one of the configs showed me the ISAKMP keys and group VPN passwords all...

How To Build Own Console Cable
Went down to the local electronics store and bought a ribbon cable and an RJ-45F to DB9F adapter. But now that I'm looking at documentation, I'm confused. As best I can tell, BOTH wires 4 and 5 from...

PIX advise needed
I am able to VPN into my PIX from the Internet - I get an address from the local pool. But when I try to PING anything on the inside I get timeouts... I have tried different address pools - even one...

NAT loopback - sort of
Hi, I have a Cisco 1841 connected to a DSL circuit and two LANs. Fa0/0 is 192.168.101.0/24 Fa0/1 is 172.28.110.0/24 Dialer0 is a /28 over DSL [5.4.3.1 for the sake of argument] I have a 1:1 NAT on one...

MQC based QOS and locally generated packets
Hi, I have am converting a number of our sites from priority queue based QOS to MQC based QOS. Previously we were marking packets generated by the local router using "ip local policy route-map". How...

2600 router + 2924 switch and vlans
switch config: interface FastEthernet0/14 ! interface FastEthernet0/15 ! interface FastEthernet0/16 switchport mode trunk ! interface FastEthernet0/17 ! interface FastEthernet0/18 ! interface...

Cisco VPN Client (MSI, EXE) Installer
All, I am trying to deploy the Cisco 5.0 VPN Client to several remote users. I want to re-package the installer into a single .exe or .msi self extracting self installing file, I would also like it to...

Access Console on an ASA using USB or Ethernet?
Is it possible to access the console of the ASA using a USB cable or Ethernet? Do I require a special cable? I have a laptop with me at all times, but it doesn't have a Serial port (like most modern...

ACLs in PIX 7 and above
>You can do it with > >firewall(config)# clear configure access-list [acl-name] What kind of syntax is that? Never seen. With the mentioned behavior, is it possible to delete single lines in an ACL...

FWSM in front of MSFC
Hellow, I am trying to setup a FWSM on a Cat.6500 running IOS. I would like to put the MSFC behind the firewall, and use one of the phyical interfaces on the switch to act as the outside interface on...

Can someone double check the config
Hello, Below are the configurations from 2 routers that are connected via point to point T1 line. Please note hollywood router has 3 serial interfaces that connect to other routers via point to point...

Cisco 2924 switch
To all Cisco users: I am trying to configure VLANs on this (rather old) Cisco 2924 switch (actual model under 'show version' is WS-C2924-XL-EN) running software version 12.0 (5.3) WC(1). I can't seem...

Limiting bandwidth per user on the 1800 Series
We're considering an 1811 to replace our SonicWALL. One requirement is to prevent LAN users from hogging bandwidth. Let's say one user is downloading a large file from a high-bandwidth site. That...

Virtual ethernet interface
24 fast ethernet interfaces 2 gigabit ethernet interfaces 1 virtual ethernet interface

connect lynksys rvl200 to cisco concentrator in IPSEC ?
Hi i want connect a Linksys RVL200 to a cisco concentrator (3005) in ipsec but i have a problems, the phase 2 don't start .. and i have this logs: on linksys: Oct 3 14:39:16 172.20.10.250 #warn VPN...