Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ip dns server
Hi I found out that I could enable a DNS server with "ip dns server" on my 877W, which works. However I can't find any information on what type of DNS server this actually is. I'd like to know if it...

IOS-VPN and logging
hi all, which options i have to log vpn and dial in access to the ios-router? I need name / ip address / login-logout time ... Which possibilities exist and how to configure this? Thanks D.K.

RF Noise
I have Cisco 1200 APs (B) Laptops can connect fine, cept when a forklift drives by and other random disconnects. I am looking for a way to find RF noise that might be degrading the wireless network....

IPSEC and IKE
Hi, I read a very good article on this website regarding VPN. I found it really useful to understand the meaning of ipsec, IKE protocls and how does it all work. This URL is really useful. In general...

balancing 2 ISP's with Cisco 1800
Hi Need some comments in my code below. I am having problems using both interfaces at the same time. /// ISP 1 - Cable ISP 2 ADSL /// crypto isakmp policy 1 encr 3des authentication pre-share group 2...

MPLS Guru-MPLS_VPN
I am looking for the steps to setup an VPN MPLS from 4 diffrent lcations

Anyone know how to display acquired DNS settings?
If you are connected to COX then 24.248.210.1 68.1.16.100 68.1.16.101 68.111.106.76

IOS Updating my hosts entries??
Router: 3640 running Version 12.4(13a) IP/FW/IDS I have the router set up to be a basic dns caching/forwarding server, and I have several IP HOST entries for my domains to serve the internal IPs...

InterVLAN Routing 1841 or on the 3750
Hi All, Can someone please advised me on the most suitable method for inter vlan routing with the following setup: ---- [External IP 1841 Internal IP] ----- [Vlan 10 on a port of a Catalyst 3750 (AKA...

Cisco NM-16AM-V2
Can it be used as a terminal server, inaddition will it do basic console configurations?

Catalyst 6500 help
Hi Guys, I have to setup port spanning on works 6500. No one else has any Cisco knowledge and as Im half way through CCNA3 I was asked if I could help. The switch is 300 miles away so I cant...

Route Maps
I am using an access list to define certain traffic. Then based on that access list, I am sending the matched traffic out a dailer interface with DSL using a route map. The goal is to take some of the...

PIX losing ARP?
Hello all, I have a Cisco PIX 501 version 6.3(5). It is deployed in an office with 10 PCs, all with web access. Every day (at different times) one or two of the PCs will lose internet browsing...

carrier test on remote 350 bridge
I have a remote 350 bridge (not workgroup) in a very inconvenient location that I can only connect to wirelessly. I (unwisely as it turns out) tried to do a carrier test on the remote bridge. The...

Internet thru Cisco 871
I've tried to configure my first Cisco and I'm either missing something or blocking something. I first setup the router using the SDM wizards and didn't get the internet. Then, after saving that...