Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Installation of second WAN T1 csu/dsu in Cisco 2600
Hello, I am curious if there is something else I need to do. I powered down my router and slid the second card in and then powered back up. The router says there is still only 1 serial interface...

Upgrading FW on 2921
Currently IOS (tm) C2600 Software (C2600-JS-M), Version 12.0(28a) ... 32K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory. 16384K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write) I upgrade the flash...

Tasman 4100: cannot ping, redundancy backup problem?
Hello, I have a Tasman 4100 and am trying to upgrade the firmware. I am not a techie so please bear with me. The problem, in general, seems to be that the unit is booting up with this: ***4100 has...

PIX object-groups automatically created named "_ref" ?
Hi, After upgrading our PIX 525 from version 6 to 8 I noticed the access- lists and object-group command behaviour has changed - it no longer automatically creates "reference" access-groups ending...

Policy NAT
Hi guys, We have a nat 0 (nat exemption) network setup that uses PIX firewalls, I am trying to implement policy NAT to ensure that certain traffic types are NATed out to an external IP address and...

DNS
Hi there ! Picking up an older thread. I still have some questions concerning DNS. Finally, I succeeded in configuring a router as a DNS proxy with ip name-server A B ip dns server ip domain-lookup...

Pix 501 - Help!
Where do I start? We had two Pix 501's attached via dual network cards to two servers which worked fine (one used Proxy software for internet access, the other for accessing our mail box on out ISP's...

OSPF & ISDN Backup Problems
Hi Guys, I'm re-posting again, but this time I will explain my network better. We have recently switched over to MPLS. Previously we were running EIGRP and ISDN was working fine. We have 30 remote...

871w wireless clients can't get to each other
Working with a Cisco 871w, relevant part of config posted below. The issue is that wireless clients can't get to each other, but associate and get to the outside without a problem. Firewalls are not...

VPN- IPsec and IKE
Hi Guys, The basics of VPN understand is the meaning of IPSEC and IKE. We must understand these topics ion order to enhance the knowledge of VPNs. I found this very interesting article which can be...

PPTP behind 2821 - help!
I have a Win2003 server that accepts MS RRAS PPTP VPN connections. Or rather, it did until I moved them from the cheap soho routers they used to be on to a shiny new 2821. The machine's public ip of...

IP Inspect and Browsing issues
Hello. I'm having a few problems getting my ip inspect statments working properly. I have an inspect list that covers TCP and UDP outgoing, and an access list inbound that denys everything. For the...

OSPF and ISDN Backup
Hi Guys, I have a question. I'm currently running OSPF on all of the routers and I'm having problems with ISDN backup links. I use floating static routes to activate the BRI interfaces. Just to...

NAT For Server Using An IP In Use ..
Hello .. I have 2 networks connected VIA VPN. I have a statement which looks like: ip nat inside source list 101 interface FastEthernet0/1 overload This statement is for traffic destined out the f0/0...

IP Multicast issue - 2 sources sending to single group via two paths
I have a somewhat unique application that uses Multicast for dozens of client devices to send data to a small group of servers. The client devices use 239.192.1.1 as the destination IP, and the...