Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

CGMP/IGMP
In a ip multicast configuration, using RP, is it possible to enable cgmp on a switch if it does not support igmp. If so, what are the implecations of having the two commands on the same vlan.

console port
I've got a bunch of modems out there connected to console ports on cisco routers. I know there is no way to reverse telnet to the console port like you can to the aux port. I need to figure out some...

Cisco Pix Firewall 515E
hello, just a simple question: how can i access my firewall from my pc ( inside a network ) by the web ( i now the password)? Thanks

Set Time and Date on Aironet 1241
The log timestamps on my Aironet 1241 IOS 12.4 are showing March 3, 2002. How can I manually (no NTP) set the correct time on these things? Thanks

need to lookup master interface that inherit IP address to unnumbered interface via SNMP
Hi, I need to get information via SNMP about the master interface from which the other interface inherits its IP address. So if I configure this on a Cisco router interface loopback0 ip address...

SDM initial install won't start
Hi guys, I have a cisco 1841 with a HWIC-AP installed and using c1841- After I copied the new bin file to the CF card SDM failed initial installation. Also with the original CF card the installation...

C871 Remote access
Hi Again, I have a little issue with my C871 box. I would like to access the routers management console through ssh & https (SDM) from the Internet. At the moment this does not work. I am able to ping...

Dropping Connections (Verizon Aircard)
Hello, I have a user that is complaining that when he is logging on through the VPN using his Verizon aircard after a few min (various) he will get dropped. He says the aircard does not loose signal...

Cisco SSL VPN client setup problem
I'm trying to implement WebVPN solution using Cisco SSL VPN Client ( on ASA5505 (sw. ver. 7.2(2))... After WebVPN authentication ASA automatically starts with SSL Client setup process, but it fails...

BO-Router firewall recommendation
We need to setup a branch office. We are familiar with Site-to-Site VPNs using Linksys RV042 routers. Can anyone recommend a more robust router/firewall for the following: - We have (10) XP Pro...

PIX remote client VPN not prompting for username and password
Hello. I am betting someone has an easy answer for this. I have configured a PIX 506e to do ipsec remote client VPN. Cisco VPN Client 4.8.00.0440 currently works. We can connect to the VPN simply...

Is a VWIC-2MFT-T1 hot-swappable in a Cisco 3825?
More specifically, I need to install one into an empty slot. Can anyone say whether it is hot-swappable or not?

configurepix to log VPN clients connections
Hi all ! I want to log all the users connecting from home to the corporate network with there vpn client. we have pix 515E I already configured the pix to send syslog messages to a syslog server, how...

cisco 3560 layer 3 switch question
Hi, I'm new in cisco networking. I have 3 cisco 3560 layer 3 switch. I defined the vlan as follow: (vlan1 is the manangment vlan) I can ping from server1 (on switch1) to server2/server3 (on switch2)....

Clarification on VTP
Hi, Greetings and a Good day to you. I need a clarification. Say there are 5 Switches on a LAN (With Static VLANs). Let's call them 1)SWT - A 2)SWT - B 3)SWT - C 4)SWT - D 5)SWT - E Let's say each on...