Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cisco switches cable question
Hi all, Quick question: A 2960 (WS-C2960G-48TC-L) with 40 copper Gb ports, going to a few 3548's that have the 1000Base-T GBIC copper adapter (Part WS-G5483). The 2960 does auto-MDIX, correct? So I...

How to disable a Cisco VPN tunnel
This should be simple. I have several site-to-site IPSEC VPN tunnels configured on a Cisco 2801 router. For testing purposes, I want to be able to disable the tunnels without deleting their...

Access lists
Hello there, I have a question about access lists. We have a simple network topology with 2 x 2811 routers interconnected by their eth0/0 interfaces. We have a development network hanging off the...

which firewall
I was wondering if someone could give me some advice on a firewall for a small business. I want to have 3 separate internal networks, one on a DMZ for outside people to get to and access, and two on...

ASA config
I'm struggling with what I think should be a pretty simple firewall (asa) configuration. I've got a lot of L2 and L3 experience but throw me in front of this ASA and I can't seem to make it sing......

Help in understanding an MPLS network (MPLS newbie)
I've inherited an MPLS network, and I've not worked with MPLS before. The more I read, the more confused I am about the network I have. I have a dozen sites, all connected to a Bellsouth (now AT&T)...

Memory upgrade for PIX 515E
Can a PIX 515E with the following configuration upgraded to 128 MB of RAM? Hardware: PIX-515E, 64 MB RAM, CPU Pentium II 433 MHz Flash E28F128J3 @ 0xfff00000, 16MB BIOS Flash AM29F400B @ 0xfffd8000,...

Cisco Switch/Router configuration help.
Hello, I've done some cisco configurations in the past without much issue. Usually, between books and the internet, I can figure just about any of them out.. but this one is stumping me. Perhaps...

Cisco 877 - Possible to assign multiple dialers to a single PVC?
AFAIK, each IOS-based PPPOE client requires a separate PVC, a separate dialer interface and a separate dialer pool. IOS 12.4(15)T introduced a feature for Multiple PPPoE Client which supports multiple...

HSRP Virtual MAC
You don't even need to check. By default, the virtual MAC address depends only on the HSRP group number, and has this format: where xx is the group number. You can change it with the command "standby...

Connect 1100 and 1200 ap as a bridge
I have a Cisco 1120 and a Cisco1200AP, I need to reach a computer on the other side of the office. Can I connect the two ap's as a bridge and connect the computer to the remote ap? Is there any...

Cisco 2507 Transreceiver
I have a Cisco 2507 router and need to connect the serial port (DB-60) to the lab network (RJ-45). Does anyone know the product or transceiver device to make this work? Thanks

ethernet keepalive
If I have two cisco routers connected over two switches (router1 - switch1 - switch2 - router2), is there a kind of keepalive mechanism or somethink like it, that would give me possibility to SEE on...

Downgrading an Aeronet 1242 from Lightweight to autonomous?
I've acquired a Aeronet 1242 wireless access point and its the lightweight configuration flavor (long story) instead of the autonomous version. Is there a way to downgrade it back to being autonomous...

857 IOS 12 advice
Hi, I've been a long time user of PIX 501 units running IOS 6.x. We have a tonne of them here, and a cupboard of spares. When it was time to update our adsl backup lines i thought I would get a cisco...