Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Summary of what happens to a packet as it enters and then leaves the PIX\ASA firewall - please correct if you see something wrong - thx
I get questions from clients asking what are the steps involved when a packet enters a fw and leaves it. So I did some research and came up with this sequence. Please suggest corrections if you see a...

vpn tunel security
we have vpn corporate network with cisco/1721 and cisco/805 routers over the internet since it is quite old equip, can somebody advice how secure are those tunnels going over internet today? as i...

Alternative to Cisco website for downloading VPN client?
Does anyone know of a source where I can get a "non-modified" Vista compatible VPN client since the Cisco site is not functioning at the moment? TIA Matt

Cisco Website
Did the Cisco website either go offline or go offline partially today?

vpn on 2811 with overlapping networks and all natting on one side
Hi, I have a vpn setup with the same private networks at both sides. We don't control the other vpn peer and my customer wants to do all the natting on his side. With a pix/asa it is possible to nat...

High CPU util on 3825
Hi, We have been seeing very high CPU util values which reaches the top (result of "sh processes cpu history " copied below). which were reaching only to 40-50% a few months ago. This is a router...

Second VPN to DMZ?
Hello, our ASA 5510 hat four network-connections: inside, outside, airport (our WLAN) and mp (a company for which we host the IP-gateway) There is an IPSEC-confiugration for members of our company...

Cisco 1841 Leased Line Configuration Help
Hi Ya, Just wondering id some one is able to assit me with setting up 2 x Cisco 1841 To connect to a Leased Line connection. Details Listed Below. Cisco 1841 Have Cisco IOS 12.1 - Also Have Serial...

how to configure voice vlan on cisco 3500?
Hey fellas, I'm trying to setup voice vlan on my cisco switch (3500) so that my cisco phones 7940 will use seperate vlans for voice and data. So far ive created the voice vlan with this configuration:...

ip vpn mpls design requirements
I have not designed this before , I am looking to make a simple proposal for a manufacture company that is looking to implement IP VPN over MPLS for his/her customers (30 of them). Each customer site...

Block repetitive connection from the same ip
Hi to all... Someone can explain me how to block with ios a typical attack of brute force/dictionary attack? So, allow a limited number of repetitive connections in a determined range of time, after...

lo0 for management
Hello, I have been asked to look into a network management system which manages a lot (100+ switches and 100+ routers) of cisco boxes. The problem is that a lot of the cisco kit has the "wrong" IP...

vlan support on a 4700m
I have a 4700m it only has 10 meg interfaces, however I can configure it for vlan encap Will this work? or is it just there in the IOS in the event i install a Fast Ethernet module?

vlan and multicast
Hello Let a switch with 3 port based vlans, vlan id 1, 2 and 3 with IGMP snooping (basic layer 2 network) On vlan 1 and 2 there are video multicast sources. A video monitor connected on vlan 3 should...

Problems with http://www.certmanager.net/cisco/
I'm trying to access my certification data through but there seams to be a problem. Did they change something? This website is for sale! certmanager.net is your first and best source for all of the...