Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Router or Switch Better for IGMP?
If I use a router as my IGMP grouping/querier device at layer 3, will all multicast traffic go through the router's ethernet interface? This seems like it might be a problem, especially if the...

question regarding creating a site-to-site VPN between an ASA 5505 and a VPN 3030
HI, all I've been hitting a weird problem when attemping to create a site to site VPN connection between an ASA 5505 and a VPN 3030. For some reason, the IPSEC tunnel gets created, and I can see...

Pix 501 - VPN problem
My goal is to allow vpn dialup pptp connections into my internal network. I have put together the configuration below. But, I am not able to even connect. Would anyone know what is wrong with the...

2402 Foundry Switch
Hi All, Anyone using this switch in production? I think its the old and discarded switch. Some feedback is required. Thanks in advance. Secondly how much this switch is redundant? Do this have...

Redback.......SmartEdge 100 MSER
Hi All, Can somebody comment on the repute of Redback routers? We have recently purchased this product for our new project. How we can compare this product with the Cisco routers? Thanks in advance....

ASA5505 base license - only 10 users?
I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10...

BBSM event ID error...
What would cause this error? What would cause this error in the event log? Event Type: Error Event Source: BBSM_Core Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 11/27/2007 Time: 1:54:31 PM User: N/A...

PIX 501 Config Problem : Unable to submit forms on external ASP sites
PIX 501 Outbound ASP FORM Site Acess Problem **Updated** **** UPDATED This was originally posted under PIX 501 Breaks Access To Net Banking but has been updated with more recent findings **** UPDATED...

have 2 enable passwords?
Is it possible to have 2 different enable passwords on cisco switch? I have two different users that can log in but share the same enable password

NIC teaming and port security
Hi, We have been given a brief by our client to provide hosted servers with fault tolerant network connections. We will achieve this by using adapter teaming and connecting each of the server's dual...

c3750G and c3750E series stacking?
Greetings, It is possible (but not recommended) to run a different Level of S/W, but I don't think you can mix SMI/EMI in a stack. About 3 months ago I had the task of resolving a situation with one...

Pix 501 DNS Resolution
I have configured the outside interface using pppoe where dynamic ip, gateway, dns server is assigned. I would like to assign dns server on internal client workstations to point to the inside...

pix 501 - Problem Routing Requests from inside to outside networks
Please, refer to the configuration below. This is the pix default configuration. Pix is connecting on the outside interface successfully with dhcp. However, I am not able to even resolve external site...

why not use OSPF replace iBGP
hi, all I have one confusion why not use OSPF to replace iBGP for BGP speaker information update at one AS? For example: AS1 connect to AS4's R1 (BGP speaker), AS2 connects to AS4's R2 (BGP speaker)...

Q: Cisco AP 1131 -- "Unsupported device type" error in Cisco Network Assistant
M.T., I didn't catch which IOS version you're running ... it used to be that AIR-LAP model APs that were running aIOS reported a bogus OID value, which kept them from being manageable by WLSE - this...