Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cisco VPN 3005 to Dlink DI-808HV issue
Wondering is someone can shed some light on this. We had a D-link DI-808HV set up with a Site to Site VPN with our Cisco VPN 3005 for a few days. It worked but we noticed alot of hanging on the VPN...

Auth type not supported by External DB
I've configured an access point to use a Cisco ACS for RADIUS. The connection uses MD5-Challenge, but when attempting to authenticate against a Lotus LDAP- an error message is logged- Auth type not...

Cisco 2948G-L3 Configuration Question
We use a Cisco 2948G-L3 as our backbone. I purchased another one as a spare. I wanted to try loading the configuration file via tftp server on the spare. The configuration file loaded just fine but I...

IPICS .. any setup tips or guides?
Hello .. Has anyone ever setup an IPICS router? I have all the gear and parts, but in need of some guidance. If anyone has something to offer i'd really appreciate it! Thanks..

validate-checksum Command
Would this be the appropriate place to ask what the checkheaps validate-checksum performs its checksum on? If not, could someone please suggest what might be a better forum? TIA, Ken Asbury

PIX 501: DHCP on outside interface will not renew
Greetings. I am trying to set up a PIX 501 for use in a SOHO environment, with cable Internet access and a dynamic IP address. I want to open up a port for public access so I am trying to test the...

Cisco 1300 series wireless access point/bridge Vs Linksys WAP54GPE Access Point Anyone know the basic pros & cons?
Are you using 10Mb media converters? If so, switch to 100Mb ones. Bam, faster and more reliable than wireless, and cheaper than real access points (cisco etc) and better than $30 chinese specials...

7204VXR ipsec performance
is there any document describing 7204vxr ipsec encryption performance, depending on hw configuration?

Router or Switch Better for IGMP?
If I use a router as my IGMP grouping/querier device at layer 3, will all multicast traffic go through the router's ethernet interface? This seems like it might be a problem, especially if the...

question regarding creating a site-to-site VPN between an ASA 5505 and a VPN 3030
HI, all I've been hitting a weird problem when attemping to create a site to site VPN connection between an ASA 5505 and a VPN 3030. For some reason, the IPSEC tunnel gets created, and I can see...

Pix 501 - VPN problem
My goal is to allow vpn dialup pptp connections into my internal network. I have put together the configuration below. But, I am not able to even connect. Would anyone know what is wrong with the...

2402 Foundry Switch
Hi All, Anyone using this switch in production? I think its the old and discarded switch. Some feedback is required. Thanks in advance. Secondly how much this switch is redundant? Do this have...

Redback.......SmartEdge 100 MSER
Hi All, Can somebody comment on the repute of Redback routers? We have recently purchased this product for our new project. How we can compare this product with the Cisco routers? Thanks in advance....

ASA5505 base license - only 10 users?
I've just purchased a new ASA 5505 with a base license only. I'm planning on configuring and installing in a client's 10-20 user small office. Am I correct in seeing that this box will only allow 10...

BBSM event ID error...
What would cause this error? What would cause this error in the event log? Event Type: Error Event Source: BBSM_Core Event Category: None Event ID: 27 Date: 11/27/2007 Time: 1:54:31 PM User: N/A...