1911 cisco router

I got 1911 cisco router.. and unfortunately one of my co worker has configured it without username and password.. he did configure enable password but now on boot up it is asking for username and password .. how can I crack it.. please someone help me.. it is not taking default cisco cisco as username and password. I have tried ctr+ break on boot up to enter into rommon> but that did not work :(

Please help. Thanks

Reply to
Tom Smith
Loading thread data ...

it without username and password.. he did configure enable password but now on boot up it is asking for username and password .. how can I crack it.. please someone help me.. it is not taking default cisco cisco as username and password.

Make sure your serial break is working with your terminal program. It is so broken in so many different ones out there. ctrl+break is only the keystroke for some version of Hyperterm. Which term program are you using?

If you are using putty, you need to special command -> break. If you use kermit, its ^\b.

The cisco/cisco isn't so much a "default" setting, but one specificly configured in new routers leaving the factory in order to run the silly EZ-install type crud they keep coming up with. Once that EZ-install stuff is run, cisco/cisco is gone for good, not to return unless you manually put it back on there. So, I wouldn't say its a default, but some process to run once and only once.

You will have to do password recovery on the router, which does involve the serial break.

formatting link
Make sure your serial port is working and has a working serial break. Which term program do you use?

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Thanks Doug I am using Putty. Actually router took bit long to accept the brk command. I have recovered the password. It's now working fine. Thanks again for your help :) Much appreciated.

Reply to
Tom Smith

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.