Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

configuring commands in advance
hi, cisco router or switch allows us to configure something though part of the configuration which it is referencing is not yet this command will be allowed on a physical port thought vlan 100 is not...

simple tcl command not working`
Group, I am trying to create a file in flash and/or nvram using tcl, and I am having no good results. Has anyone had any seen this before? FRAME1#tclsh FRAME1(tcl)#puts [open "flash:note.txt" w+] {...

etherchannel on css or ace appliance?
Haven't seen any documented support for etherchannel. Curious if it's a possibility.

ip route to null0 blacklisting
Suddenly, I feel very much like a newbie... For quite some time, our perimeter 2600 T-1 router (12.1) has had ip route entries directing Chinese IPs to null0. For example: ip route 59.32.0.0...

Anti Spoofing FWSM V3.2(4)
Hi All, I want to know if there is a way to disable anti-spoofing on a specific ip on network or interface. I understand that this is not desirable but would like to know if it's possible and how to...

IPv6 (protocol 41 pass through) with Pix 525
This is on a Pix 525 with v7.2(1) software I am trying to configure a single host (linux) behind the firewall. I created a tunnel from I get the settings for "linux- net-tools" but when I run those...

ip DNS server timouts but sometimes it's working & always works form the router itself.
Hi Group, I have come across something I can't solve. When using my Cisco as dns forwarder, DNS is just plain slow from my PC, even when using openDNS in the Cisco (model 857) Code: C:\Documents and...

restrict PC traffic speed on the lan
Cisco 2651XM router I'm looking for a sample config or help which would enable me to restrict the traffic speed of a particular PC on the lan connected to my router. My lan comprises several PC's on...

VLANs routed with C3560 and Proxy ARP
We have several offices and use a provider to route betwean the private networks. At one of the offices we have the network 192.168.2.0/24 that is routed and accessible from the other offices. Now we...

MDS SAN and scaling with bladeservers
How are others dealing with the issue of keeping the SAN fabric simple by using as few inter-switch links as possible and using optical passthrough in the bladecenters vs using SAN switching in the...

Layer 4 EtherChannel Load Balancing
Hello all I am currently using Cisco 3750E StackWise+ Switches. However, it seems that this type of switch only supports layer 2 (MAC address - src/dest/src and dest) and layer 3 (IP address-...

RSTP Diameter question.
If I like to make a ring topology using RSTP how many maximum switch number can I connect to and based on what? TIA, st

ASA Hairpin routing w/NAT
Has anyone gotten the hairpin routing to work w/NAT? I currently have an old vpn concentrator and a pix515(v6 code) that we are hoping to replace with an ASA. We are trying to get the client based vpn...

Wireless Network Design
I set up a wireless router in my upstairs home office (providing good coverage for the second floor) and a second one downstairs in the living room where signal strength is too low to be useful. There...

Cisco PIX NAT Translation
Hi all One I would put out there in the hope there might be a better way of doing this Currently we have a PIX that does NAT and PAT translations for the users accessing the internet All HTTP traffic...