Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

ASA 5510 restarts itself several times a day
ASA 5510 seems to work normaly but it restarts itself a dozen times a day. Does anyone have an idea what might cause this? It is connected to an UPS so power failure should not be the cause. I found...

asa 5505 "deny src outside" ; I keep knocking but I cant come in !
The log viewer is showing " Deny tcp src outside ....by access group "outside_access_in" , and believe me that was not my intent. Tryng to test (pre client deplyment) access to a MS terminal server...

blocking all ICMP for group on Pix506e?
Hi: I have a couple of websites on distinct IPs behind a PIX506e with 1-to-1 NAT from the public to the private IPs. According to Mcafee Secure, the server (windows 2003) is revealing the OS and the...

Announcing to BGP an OSPF route from area 0
Hello folks, I'm facing problem with BGP and OSPF that I'm unable to solve so I'm asking for your help. There is a router R0 (AS65000) with eBGP neighbour within AS65001. I'm announcing 10.0.0.0/8...

Connect a cisco catalyst 3524XL to a Cisco 6500 ? Auto-MDI or crossover cable
Hi If i connect the C3524XL to a Cisco 6500 with a classic RJ45 cable, i don't have the link. If i use a crossover cable, i have the link. I think's that C3524/6500 don't have auto mdi. Anyone know if...

IPSEC VPN between 506e and 501
Hi all, Im having trouble with a site to site ipsec vpn connection. Yesterday I had to change over to a new internet connection, so I swapped out the router and changed to a new set of ip address at...

MRTG and FWSM identical info on all ports
Running MRTG 2.15.0 and version 3.1(3) on our FWSM in a 6509. When looking at the results all of the interfaces from the FWSM they all report the same data. Just a few kb/s all day long, tho it does...

Port Channel config Question with Private-vlan
Wondering if someone can help out here with this setup. I have a 3750 switch stack (Stack-1). I created a 2nd stack (Stack-2) in another cabinet. Too far apart for stacking cables so I am using port...

PIX 515 - Open all ports except a few
Hello. Is there a way I can open all ports to a particular IP except ports 25 and 110? I know the command "access-list outside_in permit ip any host 209.x.y.z" will open all ports. I would like to...

Transfer from voicemail prompt
We have installed Cisco Call Manager Express with Unity Express. We are wondering how to allow users calling in to dial an alternate extension if the one they are calling goes to voicemail. For...

Replication errors from a pix 525
I've got a pair of PIX 525 in an active/standby configuration. I recently made some fairly large configuration changes to the active pix. Ever since then, I'm getting some errors when writing the...

Cisco models and supported modules
Hello, I believe Cisco's website has some section where it lists supported modules for each platform. I cant seem to find this page now... Does anyone know where it is located or what I am talking...

show log filtering
Hi, does anyone know a way that I make the show log command show only logs for a particular interface, (we have some fully loaded 45xx and 65xx switches which have a lot of logging info) sometimes I...

configuring commands in advance
hi, cisco router or switch allows us to configure something though part of the configuration which it is referencing is not yet this command will be allowed on a physical port thought vlan 100 is not...

simple tcl command not working`
Group, I am trying to create a file in flash and/or nvram using tcl, and I am having no good results. Has anyone had any seen this before? FRAME1#tclsh FRAME1(tcl)#puts [open "flash:note.txt" w+] {...