Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Does the PIX have route map functionality?
Our PIX is the def gtwy on our internal network, yet we have an Ironport e-mail appliance that we want to also use on outbound e-mail. With a regular Cisco router as a def gtwy I could issue the...

Getting router to talk to client subnet/VLAN
Having a routing problem I need help with: * All my routers and switches are on 172.16.0.0/23, VLAN 2 (mgmt vlan) * My client VLANs are: VLAN101=172.16.2.0/23, VLAN102=172.16.4.0/23, etc * The machine...

USB Sticks bigger than 256 MB for Cisco 2811 ?
Hello, is it possible to use Memorysticks bigger than 256 MB on the USB ports of the Cisco 2811 ? Maybe upgrading the bootloader and/or IOS release ?

Catalyst 4500 Redundancy
We currently have a single Cisco Catalyst 4510 with dual supervior IV modules and dual power supplied. It's central to our network with workgroup switches and servers connecting to it. My question is...

RIP not working on 2821/12.4.20T
Hello, if i configure rip on a 2821 box there`s not error message. But RIP doesn't work, and the configured lines are not visible in the configuration!? Any Ideas? Regards, Karsten

CiscoWorks LMS 3.0 installation
Hi, We have CiscoWorks LMS 3.0 running in evaluation license mode on an HP server with 4GB physical RAM, quad core and plenty of disk space. We are runing JRE 1.5.0_14 on the server. We have verified...

Cisco Networks Management Utilities
HI ,,, all. Iam Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP). Iam seeking job now so I want alist of cisco management utilities I know little of Them such as ..... Cisco works I want Every one share me...

Portfowarding on Cisco 1800
Hello, Network setup is as follows. Cisco 1800 with one public IP on the ATM interface. The ethernet interface has a 192.168.1.1 address. The ISP has configured the router so it passes all traffic to...

ASA, static, icmp and inspect FTP
Hello, I have an ASA box running 7.2 with few static and few questions.. Let's say that the outside IP address is 85.1.1.1 and we have 4 statics for 2 web servers, and 2 FTP servers (access-lists and...

Certificate based VPN
Hey I have a question regarding setting up a certificate based VPN with a pix running the 7.04 software. Currently I have a VPN functioning but it is using group based auth and I'd like to switch it...

Layer 3switches
Hello I have and ADSL connection with 8 public IP's Can I use a Cisco layer 3 switch to NAT one of the public IP's to a private IP network, or would a router and layer 2 switch be a beter way of doing...

6500 Software for redundant sup32 setup
I see Modular and non-modular images. Looking at this doc I'd like to confirm if it is referring to the same "modular" and if in fact modular is the recommended flavor for the redundant sup setup....

New BGP setup
I am trying to set up a new BGP config. Very basic. We will have two T-1's from two different ISPs. This is a 2811, version 12.3(11)T3. I just have the one peer set up for now. The other is due to be...

What's better a few big subnets or several smaller subnets?
I am eventually switching paths to the Inet. I have a 2nd PIX firewall and the connection has tested well through it. Our net is low on ips anyway(we have to use static IP), so I am going to put in a...

EtherChannel: Cisco-proprietary hash algorithm
Hello folks I have been implementing an EtherChannel on my 3750E switches based on source/destination IP address hashing. I have found documents that explain the hashing algorithm for layer 2 load...