Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

PIX/ASA and ipsec compression
Hi, is it right that the Pix or ASA doesn't support compression for ipsec? Helmut

switch not posting
Hi I have an old 3512XL switch, when powered on the system light goes amber, all the ports go green except for port 1 which stays amber and I only get one glyph character outputted to the console...

Cisco PIX 515E bottlenecks Comcast High Speed Internet
I just switched from a T1 to Comcast HighSpeed Internet 16mb/6mb. I am using a Cisco PIX 515E as our firewall. With the firewall in the works between my laptop and Comcast I get at best 5mb/5mb speeds...

cisco ASA/PIX failover and VPN, failover IP access problem
Hi, I have a problem and I'd like to ask for some assistance. * Site B - failover - works fine I configured two ASAs 5550 for failover with following schematic setup: interface outside ip address...

Where best to place DHCP
Hello all. In the process of reworking our network. In the past I have always placed the DHCP server on the switch controlling that subnet. I have preferred it there because if the server goes down...

Pix to Pix vpn connection will connect but no traffic passed over
Hi, I have had a VPN connection setup between two pix's for about two years and then last week the router at the remote site died. I swapped out the router and reloaded both pix config's and the VPN...

PIX packets get NATed which shouldn't
A PIX 501 Version 6.3 managing an IPSec tunnel to an ASA 5510 seems to to source NAT on outgoing packets which according to its config it should leave alone. The PIX' config includes: access-list...

PIX to ASA IPSec SA mixup
An IPSec tunnel between a PIX 501 Version 6.3 (phnx-bn-gw) and an ASA 5510 Version 7.2 (vcservnet-gw) frequently produces these messages on the ASA side: Aug 27 05:52:22 vcservnet-gw %ASA-4-402116:...

Mixed WIC cards in same router
Hi all, In my follow up about T1 bonding (3MB in specific), can I mixed 2 different WIC cards to be use on the same router (1720 or 2600 or 1841). For example, mixing the first WIC (WIC-1DSU-T1) and...

BGP partial routes
We are preparing new hw that will allow us to receive bgp routes =96 currently we=92re just broadcasting. However, we know that our supervisor 32 engine does not have the capability to receive the...

DHCP IP for Port-security
Hi, All, Today, I tested the "port-security" in cisco switch: I configured a switch port with port-security with static mac-address, after that configuration, I found the workstation can not get DHCP...

Pix 506 - Fixup SMTP
Hi all, Can anyone explain me what smtp fixup is usefull for ? When will I have to activate it, what will it change ? Sorry for this newbe questions thanks a lot

Bonded T1 with 1720 or 2620
Need recommendation on which router to use: Currently running a T1 line with Cisco 1720 router (32MB DRAM and 8MB Flash) running IOS 12.2. Company planning on increasing the bandwidth by bonding 2...

Does the PIX have route map functionality?
Our PIX is the def gtwy on our internal network, yet we have an Ironport e-mail appliance that we want to also use on outbound e-mail. With a regular Cisco router as a def gtwy I could issue the...

Getting router to talk to client subnet/VLAN
Having a routing problem I need help with: * All my routers and switches are on 172.16.0.0/23, VLAN 2 (mgmt vlan) * My client VLANs are: VLAN101=172.16.2.0/23, VLAN102=172.16.4.0/23, etc * The machine...