Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Cat3750 - flash problem
Hi group, I would like to upgrade a catalyst 3750E (WS-C3750E-TD-S) with another IOS version. But this update doesn't work . I try it with the command "archieve download-sw" and I got the message...

Unused switch port report for 1/3 months
Hi, We have around 500 access switches in our network. Our management periodically needs to know how many of these ports are not used for a month / 3 month period so that the ports can be reused. What...

Dual gateway configuration on ASA 5520
Hi, I have an issue with the configuration of an ASA firewall. Currently the configuration is quite basic: outside: 10.1.0.2/255.255.0.0 default route: 10.1.0.1 inside: 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0...

IP Address Conflict.
I'm getting a broadcast of an IP Address Conflict, but several machines are reporting the same MAC address that are part of this message. I've searched our arp tables on linux and have multiple...

Where to get SmartNet Contract
Hi NG, my SmartNet Contract for my C871W is about to expire soon. Do you have any suggestions where to get a fair extension contract. Unfortunately my old vendor went bankrupt so I need some advice on...

Encryption on AIR-BR350 as access point with third party clients
Hi! I just obtained an AIR-BR350 bridge, and intend to use this as an access point in my home. Clients are all third party, no Cisco among them. Now i was wondering if this AP supports anything better...

What Version Software To Run? ASA 5505
Hello All, I'm presently running ASA version 7.2(3) and ASDM version 5.2(3) on my ASA 5505. I'm currently experiencing no difficulties or issues. However, I want your input on what ASA and ASDM...

What is the difference between Route Groups and SRST in Cisco VoIP?
They both privode the link redundancy for the voip traffic, which can failover to PSTN. why we need they both? What is the difference between them? Thanks.

[OT] building a fast network
Among other things, I am a photographer that is looking to move large volumes of images as fast as possible across my home network as possible and am wondering where the bottle neck is really going to...

Some questions about trunking
I'm studyng for CCNA exam, and I am a little confused about encapsulation dot1Q command. When do I need to use that command? Does it required for configuring every trunk port on switch or what?...

Another BGP qestion regarding ACL
We finally got our second T1 installed and I got the BGP config working. We are receiving full routes from both ISPs. When I set up the second BGP config initially, I used the same ACLs that I was...

FastEthernet3 as WAN port? possible? Vlan?
Hi, Can I use a FastEthernet port from my Cisco 876 as a second WAN port? I want to add a second ISP to my Cisco 876. ---->>> Cable-internet wich uses DHCP client to one of the Ethernet ports. (The...

Need a confirmation about the justification in PDH
Bonjour, I know that the PDH technology is not very up-to-date. I just want to have some elements from you about the justification mode that is generally used. - G.742 describes the positive...

Cannot Ping Internet from VLAN Client
I have a router connected to corporate network then a 3560 switch. I configured a VLAN with ip address 10.1.2.1/24. I configured fa0/1 with ip address 200.1.1.2/24 (same subnet as my router). I set my...

firewall ASA and routing header type 2
Hi, I'm using an up-to-date ASA firewall and I would like to let Mobile ipv6 go through it. To do that properly, I need it to route packets with routing header type 2. However, the firewall drops...