Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can data from a SW port use an ISL on LW ports?
I have a FC SAN Fabric so all the ISLs are over SW 850nm links. The ISLs are in a transit VSAN and I use IVRs to access remote resources. This was all set up by the vendor that supplied the kit. I now...

Cisco PIX config statement
Hi, I needed help in understanding the following in the Cisco PIX config , I have network Object-Groups named SMTP_SERVERS,EXCHANGE_SERVERS And a Service object-group named SMTP My Query is then why...

cisco 2950 arp
Hi there, How would I find the exact Cisco 2950 switch port that a workstation connects to, switch has one VLAN? I have IP and MAC address of workstation. How about a Dell 3424 switch? Thank you.

ACNS 5.9.x Negative Caching Query??
I know I don't see much on ACNS here, but was hoping someone might have worked with the ACNS software more than I have, as it's pretty new to me. I have a Content Engine 590 here I am working with,...

Trying to access the PDM of a Cisco pix over a Remote Access VPN with Cisco VPN Client
I am trying to configure the cisco pix (501) to allow access to the PDM over a Cisco VPN Client IPSEC tunnel. I found a situation for accessing the PDM ove a site-site tunnel but am not able to...

MDS9222i ISLs & VSANs question?
Hi, Question on configuring ISLs between a pair of Cisco MDS 9222i switches with VSANs: I want to have an ISL (actually an FCIP link) between 2 VSANs, 1 each on a pair of Cisco MDS 9222i switches. I...

problem with vlan + arp
Hi, I have this situation, cisco 2811 + some catalyst 3560, connect in "trunk mode" and other unmanaged switch connect to catalyst 3560 with port configure in "access mode". Cisco 2811 term every vlan...

Problems with Cisco Aironet 1231
Hi NG, I bought an used Cisco Aironet 1231 on ebay. Not I=B4m having trouble with the device. The Ethernet Interface from the Cisco Aironet gets a IP via DHCP. I have access to the Web Interface and...

[IOS] (C1700-ADVSECURITYK9-M V 12.4) cannot reload at x:y !
Hi all. I've got an error when I issue : Router4#reload at 19:00 %The date and time must be set first. I have check for this error message but did not find the reason of the error. however time is set...

ASA ver. 7.0 - reaching RADIUS trough VPN
I would like to enable my ASA firewall to communicate with RADIUS server which is reachable trough IPSec tunnel. Anybody knows how to accomplish that? I can ping this RADIUS server from ASA if I...

BGP and OSPF Asymmetry
I have a network where I have traffic coming in from various AS No's into a Core AS call it AS 100. At the bottom end I have 2 x links out of AS 100 into a Co-Lo using a private AS 65001. All remote...

877W failed IOS upgrade, corrupted file or something else?
Hello, While trying to upgrade a Cisco 877W, I can't get the new IOS installed because of error: rommon 7 > tftpdnld IP_ADDRESS: 192.168.1.254 IP_SUBNET_MASK: 255.255.255.0 DEFAULT_GATEWAY:...

Cisco Local Director 416
Does anyone know if this device will allow me to ohave two host connected to the same data source with full read/write capability? Example; Host #1 writing to File #3 inserting a record at the same...

Cisco 876 & CPU Load
Hello at all, i´ve a problem with the cisco 876 integrated services router. The router´s ios-version is 12.4(11)T4 and it has a ADSL2+ (16 Mbit downstream / 1 Mbit upstream) connection. If i start a...

unregistered TCP/UDP ports
I see traffic on my network to a number of unregistered TCP/UDP ports. Where can I find a list with possible protocols that are using these ports (1535, 4889 and 8092)?