1131Ag wifi - cannot use configure terminal?

Just got the Cisco 1131AG access point and I'm connected via HyperTerminal and when I type enable I get the prompt with the # sign after entering my password. OK so far. But when I type "conf t" or even configure terminal I get "invalid input detected". Also at the enable prompt when I type a question mark and press enter it gives me a list of commands which are at the lower prompt, i.e. not enable level.

What the heck is going on here?

The exact model is AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9.

Thank you,

-Bob

Reply to
just bob
Loading thread data ...

~ Just got the Cisco 1131AG access point and I'm connected via HyperTerminal ~ and when I type enable I get the prompt with the # sign after entering my ~ password. OK so far. But when I type "conf t" or even configure terminal I ~ get "invalid input detected". Also at the enable prompt when I type a ~ question mark and press enter it gives me a list of commands which are at ~ the lower prompt, i.e. not enable level. ~ ~ What the heck is going on here? ~ ~ The exact model is AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9. ~ ~ Thank you, ~ -Bob

Well you have an AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9, which means that it had the lightweight IOS featureset (rcvk9w8) installed on it at the factory. Which means that "conf t" isn't there.

Is it your intention to install autonomous IOS on this AP? If so, you will want to do the following:

• grab an aIOS image (k9w7) (latest 12.4(10b)JD code would be recommended)
  • put it onto a TFTP server
  • copy the code from the TFTP server into the AP

There are various methods of accomplishing the last step; here is my favorite:

ap#debug lwapp console cli

(the above is a hidden command; if running 12.4(18)JA or above, the command will be 'debug capwap console cli' instead)

ap#archive download tftp://a.b.c.d/blahblahblah.ext

The above assumes that your AP has grabbed an address from DHCP and has IP connectivity to your TFTP server.

Hth,

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.