will abbreviated commands work for the CCNA exam?

Should I type " sh access-l" or "show access-list", please?

Thanks!

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude
Loading thread data ...

The abbreviations should work. If in doubt, use the tab key to see if it completes the command or parameter word

Reply to
Cisco Kid

Yes they do.

Reply to
BernieM

Thanks both of you for your answers! I suppose the help command ( ?) is available too, then...

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Yes ? works also.

Reply to
corb

Really?

I must admit, I never tried it in the exam, but was told that the ? command was not available in the simulation questions.

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

It works my ass. Not only " .. ? " was not available, but many commands were not available either. There was a question where two routers were connected together. One of the routers (I will call it router 1) could be accessed via a PC ( I will call it PC 1), the other router (I will call it Router 2) was connected to a switch and the switch to a PC (I will call it PC 2). The command "ipconfig" was not available on PC2 and I could not telnet from PC 2 or PC 1 to router 2. The command "sh cdp neighbors" was not supported on router 1 either. The interface of the whole exam sucks, you cannot minimize windows, you cannot connect to the router by clicking on it, and you cannot skip questions for a later review. All the questions were highlighted except for the very last one, which you could barely read. There was a huge lag and I lost concentration to answer the questions fast. I ran out of time and I ended up asnwering the last 19 questions (could not make it for the very last one) by just clicking answers randomly without reading the questions at all. ... 669 was not bad except for I failed. I do not think I am going to take CCNA again. What's the point of wasting my money, especially thinking that i will have to do the same every 3 years. Oh, and I am not going to use Pearson Vue again either...

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Reply to
gregg johnstone

Just buy a cheap 25xx series and try it! trying gives you more experience and you'll remember it far more better.

Reply to
NO_spamm

I know the commands you moron. My question was if the exam would allow abbreviations.

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Dude, you need to lighten up. The guy is just trying to help.

Reply to
John Agosta

You obviously *don't* know the commands otherwise you wouldn't be complaining that you couldn't use the ? command. Insulting people who are trying to help you is hardly going to get you anywhere.

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

Well, what do you think Cisco would expect you typing in then?

sh acces-l sh access-list show acces-l sho access-l show ip access-list show i access-l sho ip access- show ip access sh ip access s ip access-l etc etc

what would the answer be? euh, let me th>

Reply to
NO_spamm

The Dude wrote in alt.certification.cisco:

I have a similar question, does "wr me" work?

Reply to
Danijel Starman

I just took the 604-821 Intro exam through a Thompson Prometric exam center. Except for the simulation where they specifically said the "show run" command was disabled, I was able to use the tab key to complete the command(s) and he "?" WAS enabled.

The questions will accept "conf t" as well as "configure terminal"

And I did pass the exam...

The exams do take a lot of prep work to pass. I had failed the CCNA exam (2 different versions) each once with nearly identical scores of 770 and 767. It was the sims which got me hung up and I ran out of time on the first 2 full exams. I had FOUR sims pop up in each exam. The Intro exam had 3 sims. I almost got hung up again on the 1st sim until I closed my eyes, took a deep breath then saw the missing piece of information I needed to complete the configuration on the sidebar.

If you're serious about passing the CCNA, read the materials, study the questions, do the labs and repeat, if necessary. You'll be expected to rattle off the questions fairly quickly - their way of assessing if you know the material or are a lucky guesser.

I invested in some used router/switch gear and it has helped me out immensely.

Reply to
Cisco Kid

Where did you find the voucher for Prometric, please?

Interesting. The "?" command WAS NOT enabled when I took the test through Pierce Vue

Congratulations!

You are not a quitter, good for you!

Thanks for sharing this with us!

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

formatting link

Reply to
Cisco Kid

Thanks!

I do not need a voucher after all. Prometric charges only 125 US for the exam.

The Dude

Reply to
The Dude

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.