why so few CCIE Voice certs?

Question why is there so few ccie voice's out there. Sure CCIE R/S is the most popular but still theres not even over 200 out there? It cannot be just that hard, anyone got any ideas?

Reply to
news1.sympatico.ca
Loading thread data ...

It is really f****ng hard.

And the most braindumped.

There are R/S mills out there cranking out CCIEs.

It is THAT hard.

Let's look quickly at the scope of the CCIE R/S:

1. Routing
  2. Switching

Let's look at the scope of the CCIE Voice:

CallManager Cisco Unity CallManager Express Unity Express Cisco 7900 series phones Wireless Unified Messaging CDRs IPCC IVR CRA Voice Gateways H.323 Oh, and yeah, BTW, Routing and Switching.

Hell, I am shocked that 156 people got the bloody thing (no, I haven't attempted it)...

Jonathan CCVP, CCNP, CCDP, et al, ad infinitum.

Reply to
Jonathan

I took the lab once and failed it, during the time I was studying for it again, I got into VoIP, and haven't looked back.

I am currently working on the CCIE Voice... and it the scope of material is much higher than R/S was.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Until you get your CCIE, you can stop dumping on it. The RS covers a lot of material. If it so easy why dont you just go do it? I thought so......

Reply to
jw

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.