Which CCNA Simulator to choose

Dear All,

I am in the process of taking up my CCNA exam . I was examining a lot of simulators in the Market to get experienced with the simulation part. Please suggest me the best simulator in the Market ( With model question similar to the latest CCNA exam) with cheaper cost. I would be a lot happier if it is FREE.

Awaiting your suggestions.

Thanks, JK

Reply to
jkarthik
Loading thread data ...

Hi smith,

Thanks for your suggestions .

I also saw the demo version of Boson but was not able to enter into the configuration mode . So was not able to come to a conclusion.

Is it possible for me to create my own network and will the routers behave like actual ones?

What about SemSim ???

Thanks in Advance. JK

Reply to
jkarthik

I've found Boson quite good. ALthough lacking in certain areas - you can't make a router behave as a frame-relay switch for example

Reply to
John Smith

yes you can create your own network. I'm not aware of semsim.

Reply to
John Smith

You can try Gambitt Mimic Vlab (the best tried till now),it's for Solaris Linux e Windows. Don't need simulating Frame Realy Switching... It got frame relay switches. There's a version for CCNA too.

The best solution is two or three Linux running Routed, Zebra or Quagga however... to have a network running rip ripng ospf, it has a IOS like prompt that you can use via telnet. Bye

Reply to
mega

Hi Mega,

The Gambit vlab seems to be a bit costly for me. I will be picking up something early. Is there any possibility to attend mock CCNA test? . where shall i get model CCNA question papers. I will be taking up the exam at the start of May. Thanks for your help.

Bye

Reply to
jkarthik

Just to clarify the price, the MIMIC Virtual Lab CCNA is $59 on download.com .

Regards.

Uwe Zimmermann Gambit Communicati> Hi Mega,

Reply to
Uwe Zimmermann

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.