Where can I get some experiences on configurating Routers and Switches?

Try the boson router sim.

formatting link

Reply to
Gleek31
Loading thread data ...

Hi, Guys, I've read many books and documents for CCNA and CCNP. Unfortunately, I dont have any chance to get experiences on operating a router or switch. Just wondering where I can learn these experiences? are there any websites that provide simulated routers or switches? thanks!

Reply to
Glen Kellry

Hi Glen,

Reuters has a "policy" of hiring Network Engineer "Interns" providing lots of "hands-on" experience.

formatting link
There are no current openings but something you might consider.

Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Certified Network Engineer Jobs Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

You can download some good router and switch sims, just have a search around google and you will find one in no time at all

Reply to
CK

If you live nearby Blankenberge/Belgium you may use my real router lab for a couple of hours (5 switches + 10 routers + servers, lin & win hosts + ISDN cloud, Token ring ....) in exchange for a good botle wine :-)

Otherwise i would advise you to go buy 2 or 3 on ebay, they are not that expensive.

Reply to
polleke

Hey Glen, The best place to get real hands on is at the Bryant Advantage Rack Rental. I've been getting rack time dirt cheap!!!! and what you need for the CCNA is there. Check this out, the rack time is $10.00 a day! I use it every Saterday. The Rack comes with Three CIsco 2500 series routers, a preconfigured Frame-relay switch, an ISDN simulator for ISDN labs!!! and two Cisco 2950 switches (NOT THE OLD 1900 series...THESE ARE NO LONGER ON THE CCNA 801). I think that the best deal of it all is that Chris Bryant CCIE #12933 sends you the ip address and login instructions to telnet into, but most of all he sends you the LAB MANUEL!!!! to your email within couple of hours!!!! Get this , the labs go from setting it all up Frame-relay ,ISND ,RIP IGRP, EIGRP OSPF, VLANS ETHERCHANEL ON THE SWITCHES and many more goodies. In the OSPF lab you configure virtual links!!!!!!!!! Connecting areas that arent directly connected to the area 0 with a transit. The best thing is that these labs weren't written by a CCNA or CCNP but a CCIE. Check it out for yourself

formatting link
it out and just for kicks register get CCC NEWSLETTER and he sends you two free ebooks... I say read the ebooks. I had failed the CCNA and was kinda not wanting to attempt it again, but when i read his YOUR PATH TO THE CCNA it encouraged me to pursue it again. CHeck the website out
formatting link

Frank

Reply to
LINKSTATEROUTER

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.