Turbosoft MCSE and CCNA

Looking for feedback on turbosoft cbt training courses (turbocert.com). The prices seem to be very good and I'm wanting to get my MCSE 2003 and Cisco CCNA certifications this year. Any information regarding format, quality, etc. would be appreciated.

I'm trying to stay under $1000 for a complete MCSE and/or CCNA package and so far the only two I've found are Turbosoft and CBT Nuggets.

Thanks

Reply to
ToolGuy82
Loading thread data ...

Wow! That $299 deal seems to good to be true. I would like to know also if anyone has used these cbt's before.

On 16 Mar 2006 07:27:41 -0800, ToolGuy82 wrote

-- Open WebMail Project

formatting link

Reply to
Patrick Siglin

I used the Turbocert windows 2003 training courses last year for my MCSE certification and they are very good. The training courses are instructor-led video cbt format similar to what you will find with others such as cbt nuggets or keystone. The training topics are covered in detail with lots of examples. You learn by watching the instructor perform the task being discussed, which I like.

The practice exams are also good and include detailed answers which helps build a better understanding of the topic. As far as preparing for the actual exam goes, I personally prefer Transcender practice exam software. I don't care for Transcender's training (TransTrainer) software, but I always use the practice exam software when I'm trying to obtain certification.

You can't go wrong with these courses and I recommend them highly along with some of the others I've mentioned. I would stay away from the e-book (reading endless text from a computer screen) type courses like skillsoft. In my opinion, the e-book cbt courses are very poor learning tools and you would be better off buying some books from Amizon for about 1/20th the price.

If money is no object, then I would look at the Keystone cbt courses. They're good and include extras like online mentoring but a complete package can easily cost $2,000+. I used some of their networking courses a couple of years ago and they were all good. BB

Reply to
BigByte

I used the Turbosoft windows 2003 training courses last year for my MCSE certification and they are very good. The training courses are instructor-led video cbt format similar to what you will find with others such as cbt nuggets or keystone. The training topics are covered in detail with lots of examples. You learn by watching the instructor perform the task being discussed, which I like.

The practice exams are also good and include detailed answers which helps build a better understanding of the topic. As far as preparing for the actual exam goes, I personally prefer Transcender practice exam software. I don't care for Transcender's training (TransTrainer) software, but I always use the practice exam software when I'm trying to obtain certification.

You can't go wrong with these courses and I recommend them highly along with some of the others I've mentioned. I would stay away from the e-book (reading endless text from a computer screen) type courses like skillsoft. In my opinion, the e-book cbt courses are very poor learning tools and you would be better off buying some books from Amizon for about 1/20th the price.

If money is no object, then I would look at the Keystone cbt courses. They're good and include extras like online mentoring but a complete package can easily cost $2,000+. I used some of their networking courses a couple of years ago and they were all good. BB

Reply to
BigByte

CBT Nuggets are good.

Reply to
corb

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.