Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
- Trunking between a 3550 and a 5000
May 30, 2005, 10:32 pm
rate this thread
I've setup a trunk between a Cat 5000 and a Cat 3550. The trunk negotiated
as ISL and seems to be up fine. The 3550 is in server mode and the 5000 in
client mode. I've verified that the 3550 has the higher revision number.
The problem is the configured VLANs on the 3550 are never getting to the
5000. I can't seem to find any problem with the config. I'm sure it's
something I'm overlooking. I've also verified the VTP domain name matches
and neither has a password.
Thanks in advance,
Re: Trunking between a 3550 and a 5000
Thanks Jonathan. Actually, pruning was disabled. I actually got it to
work the second time around. I think the problem was that I had a PC
with an old NIC card connected to the 3550. I think it had vlan 1 hosed
up jabbering and may have caused the failure. This was done in a lab
- » digital printing|custom printed packaging |computerized cutting services.
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » AT&T and Union Reach Accord on Job Protection for Workers [telecom]
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » General Telecommunications Forum