Training question

I have no background with Cisco equipment or installing wireless devices or firewalls. I have recently been made responsible for the implementation of a Cisco Air Lap access point and a Cisco ASA 5505. Can anyone tell me an online class(es) or training materials that focus on the basics of these or like devices. I am trying to find something that will teach me the steps of set-up and management without overwhelming myself with extras, for right now.

Thanks

Reply to
pamlico_test
Loading thread data ...

Use the publicly available information on the Cisco website to get the ASDM software running on a PC for firewall management. - Go to the Cisco website - select Support - select Configure - select Security - select Firewall Appliances - select Cisco ASA 5500 Series - select Configuration Guides - select Cisco ASDM User Guide The device setup and management section will describe enabling the firewall for ASDM use and installing the ASDM software. From there, a person not familiar with the syntax of Cisco command line interfaces (CLI) could better get started in managing the firewall. This is interface is similar to the way that SonicWall and CheckPoint Firewall-1 is managed.

With that being offered to get you started, it might be good for me to also encourage you to get a better understanding of networking, security, and working with Cisco devices. Just being able to manage the firewall, like using the ASDM, does not make the network secure unless security concepts are understood and well implemented. One suggestion is reading material regarding CompTIA's Security+ certification or material regarding Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) exams.

----- Scott Perry Indianapolis, IN

-----

Reply to
Scott Perry

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.