Have a question or want to start a discussion? Post it! No Registration Necessary. Now with pictures!
- Posted on
December 6, 2005, 4:21 pm
rate this thread
Re: tod lammle's sybex book is great but the pages smell....
It's a terrible problem. I just visited the bookstore to see if all
copies have the problem. It seems that some do and some don't. I
contacted customer services to report the problem and they're going to
look into it. I strongly suggest that other people buy the book , but
buy it from a bookstore where you can TEST it, rather than buying it
online. It could be that the books that are sealed in plastic are even
worse, because they keep the book trapped, living in its own odour.
Many online stores sell them wrapped in plastic.
I think a whole range of sybex books currently suffer from this
problem. They're great books, but I suggest to those with a
sensitivity to this sort of thing that they proceed with caution and go
to a bookstore to be on the safe side. you will find that some copies
smell and some don't. If yuou flick through the pages of a smelly
book, you'll notice the smell immediately spreading, it's an extremely
overpowering unusual smell, I find it very sickening.
It really is a fantastic book though. I'm delighted to have found a
smell-less copy. As horrible as it was testing the books at the
bookstore, it was worth it for this.
- » sybex ccna and mcse CD PDF crack required! (I own book n cd!)
- — Previous thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Digital Printing Malaysia | Printing Company Malaysia| Dot2Dot
- — Newest thread in » Cisco Certification
- » Can DSC 5010 trigger a custom relay or close a circuit during an alarm
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » CCTV, Alarms and other Physical Security