telnet to 2509 across ethernet

I have a 2509 connecting across the octal cable to console inputs using revese telnet on loopback 0 at 192.168.11.11. Everything works so far. I can log into the other routers.

When I log into the 2509 from a PC using telnet ( ip telnet ) to the 2509 eth0 at 192.168.10.9, I am able to log in.

But if I then try to reverse telnet to the console inputs of the other routers, I get an error:

Trying r1 (192.168.11.11, 2001)... % Connection refused by remote host Trying r1 (0.0.0.0, 2001)... %invalid host address

The con 0 session to the 2509 is able to reverse telnet to the lines 1-8 configured for transport input telnet, but the telnet session to eth0 is not.

Is there a way to do this ? If so, how ?

Thanks a million, Joe

Reply to
Joe Bfstplk
Loading thread data ...

Never mind. I figured it out. There was already a session open on the r1 line. Since it is serial, only one at a time...duh

Thanks

Reply to
Joe Bfstplk

Thank you for your information. I learned a good subject

We buy sell all Cisco, Discount up to 80% off on New Used Cisco. Pre-owned,New,Used and Refurbished Cisco equipment sold by LinkWaves is new or is as good as new. LinkWaves Corp

29980 Technology Drive, Suite 6 Murrieta, CA 92563
formatting link

Joe Bfstplk wrote:

Reply to
LinkWaves

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.