Takin CCNA Wednesday........

Just finished to instructor led course. Todd Lammle the author of CCNA Study guide %th Edition is a Hoot. The book is well written and easy to follow. H e seems to have a dislike of Bill Gates. A few references to that fact in his verbage. what a card.

well wish me luck

Later

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY
Loading thread data ...

arggggggggggg 753 ............

I WILL KICK IT ASS NEXT TIME

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY

Reply to
David Miller

yea i know that but what is it out of? 1000? or what? ihave never taken a CCNA so i dont know the marking system..

Reply to
David Miller

the unlucky that u didnt pass dude.. good luck next time u take the exam :)

Miller

Reply to
David Miller

What areas / topics did you find the most difficult. Let us know and maybe we can advise.

Reply to
Billl George

I dont want to break the NDA so I will be vague. I spent too much time on the Simulation. 25 minutes or so. I gave up on it so I know I did not get it right. I had 1 minute to answer the last 8 questions. I gave the first

4 a quick look and gave them my best shot... but the last 4 were just see how many answers they wanted and click on that amount of boxes. I think I did well considering.

I will not go the Test King route. I want to know this stuff so........ I am going to borrow a few 2600 routers and a few switches from my school tonight. (last class of semester) and work on labs all next week( summer break) and then the week back I will take it again. The sim was on VLANs and I thought I knew my stuff but the pressure got to me and I froze up. Didn't think the basics out and wasted time pursuing configurations before I had all the info I needed (Subnetting etc).

I didnt break it down and kept going back to see what configuration I needed to do next. I was a difficult sim ... not just ip address and routing.

I had no experience with routers 2 months ago when I started the CCNA class.

BTW , is it true that if you dont get the sim right you have no chance of passing.

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY

The required pass score for the CCNA is currently 849 out of 1000, although your attempt is scored between 300 and 1000.

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

Well, I Boned up one of the SIMS on the composite (CCNP recert) exam and still passed, but did not score well. Now that you've seen an exam, you will know better how to prepare. Just dealing with the testing environment is half the battle for some people. If you have specific questions on topics or specific subjects that are giving you trouble, ask the group for help. You may always email me offline if you want. feedback AT family-george DOT com

Good luck.

Reply to
Billl George

Ty aubrey.....I spent so much time on the sim thinking I had to get it right that I shorted myself on time for the rest of the test.

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY

No, the sim(s) are the only question(s) that you can get a partial score for - all other questions are binary, i.e., all or nothing - I don't have the source of this info to hand but it was from a Cisco staffer on an official forum somewhere.

And I can confirm this because last month when I did my CCNA re-cert I didn't complete the sim (OSPF troubleshooting) - the bits I did do I know were correct - but still got 934.

Aubrey

Reply to
Aubrey Adams

------->

Reply to
Anthrax

Wasnt able to borrow the router and switches.....alls well though the sim has its limitationa but will suffice for CCNA..

Have been hitting the books hard and practicing VLAN's. Different switches have different ways of settin them up.

I know how on the 1900 and 2950.... will that be enough for the 640-801 ? A little knowledge of NAT will help too.

Nothing on NAT in Todds book. Booked for Sept 2. I will prevail ......THIS TIME.....

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY

Well, I've taken it twice - and scored an identical 770 each time. Got hung up on a couple of the sims (last exam had FOUR) and ran out of time. Practice, practice, practice...

Reply to
Cisco Kid
*** 870 ***

this white boy passed.

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY

I am interested in pursuing a career in routing....what cert should i go for next.

I would like advice on setting up the least expensive router and switch network....both cisco and other vendors.

what model would be the most usefull in training right now.

Reply to
SmAfDiBoY

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.