T1 line bandwidth qustion Upstream downstream

Does a full point to point T1 line transfer at 1.5 MBPS full duplex transmit and receive simultaneosly?

So in other words can you transmit 1.5 MBps of traffic while you are receiving 1.5 Mbps at the same time on a T1.

This guy at this service provider has told me that a T1 is 1.5mbps shared between transmit and receive. He said if I am sending 1000kbps of data upsteam , i can only receive 500kbps of data downstream at the same time. Is this true of T1 tecnology?

Reply to
mdargin
Loading thread data ...

T1's are full duplex. You get the same 1.5 mb in each direction, at any time. (1.544 if unframed, 1.536 if framed)

Reply to
John Agosta

snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote in news:1144367366.414183.140480 @u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com:

A T1 with B8ZS line coding will provide a full duplex channel at a data rate of 1.536Mb/s in each direction of transmission.

The capability to send & receive simultaneous data is limited only by the particular application in use.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.