Sybex CCNA 4th ed

You must have not read this part:

"The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the Introducing Cisco Network Design Exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam."

And this from ciscopress:

The official self-study test preparation package for the Cisco CCNA

640-801, ICND 640-811, and INTRO 640-821 exams

These study guides help you master all the topics on the CCNA exam, including

• TCP/IP and OSI networking models * Operating Cisco routers and LAN switches * IP addressing and subnetting * Discovering information about an IP network * Analog modems, PAP/CHAP, DSL, and cable * Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), VLANs, and trunking * RIP, IGRP, EIGRP, OSPF, and static route concepts and configuration * Variable-length subnet masking (VLSM) support and route summarization * Classless Interdomain Routing (CIDR) and Network Address Translation (NAT) * Point-to-point leased line implementation * ISDN and Dial-on-Demand Routing (DDR) * Frame Relay configuration * IP Access Control List (ACL) security

Doan

Reply to
Doan
Loading thread data ...

I was looking through this after my failed CCNA attempt on Monday, there was no mention of NAT configuration, only 2 paragraphs in Chapter 2 outlining its function.

Am I missing something?

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Scott

Looking at a copy of the 5th Edition also, looks like NAT is not covered there either, Any comments Todd?

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Scott

doesn't seem to be on sylabus

formatting link

Reply to
Stuart Wilcox

ah

Reply to
Stuart Wilcox

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.