Switch config help?2950

Hi I am using a 2950 switch at my Cisco training- I tried the port security and spantree commands but the CLI was coming up with

-incorrect command I also tried configging a staic MAC address and got incorrect command. The problem is I was typing the commands direct from the Cisco CCNA sem3 study guide My tutor ,who seems to like the hands off approach, said it "needs different commands" BUt in the book the switch I am using was covered. Help please

Reply to
gregg johnstone
Loading thread data ...

Can u post an example of the syntax (commands) you actually used?

Reply to
Cisco Kid

were you doing them while in if-config?

Reply to
ewhost

Thanks for the response I tried #mac-address-table static (the MC address I cant recall) interface FastEthernet 0/1 vlan VLAN1

the VLAN was configged b4 hand-any ideas please

Reply to
gregg johnstone

The mac-address-table static H.H.H command has to be entered in global config mode.

Switch(config)#mac-address-table static H.H.H

can you get this far?

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

Thanks for the response- I haev been going through alot of the e-labs on Ciscos site and it works fine there-even down to the same switch(2950)- in the CCNA3 book it says to enter the the mac-address-table static (addy) And then apply to an interface?VLAN1 ,etc which is correct? My tutor is worse than useless-when I asked him why it didnt work , he shrugged his shoulders and went for a cigarette! Thanks again ,any help is gratefully recieved- I am thinking that this is the correct input config# mac-address-table static (mac address) int Fa 0/2 VLAN1

am I close?

#switchport mode access #switchport port-security #switchport port-security maximum 1 #switchport port-security violation shutdown

? Cheers

Reply to
gregg johnstone

formatting link
formatting link
give us a sh ver of your switch

Reply to
ewhost

formatting link

formatting link

Will do-dont go into the class until Wednesday though. Thanks

Reply to
gregg johnstone

formatting link
>

formatting link
>

Got it sorted now-thanks guys anyway-the tutor actually stayed in the class yesterday! No fags breaks even!

Reply to
gregg johnstone

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.