So much for the old test

I actually failed the 640-801 for the second time today. Obviously I am not happy about it, but I need to start getting ready for the next test. Any advise in preparing, ie certain books or sims. Thanks johnmc

Reply to
johnmc811
Loading thread data ...

Yo man. I suggest SYBEX Books and putting time on your reading, because before i took this exam i prepared atleast 1month and

15days, Try this for 1week dont do anything else just concentrate on you CCNA cert. Because its going to payoff. And google some free labs and braindumps it helps a lot

--

--------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.9 Beta 6 Web @

formatting link
----- ---- -- -

Reply to
ajiez

John, you're Scottish, right? Did you sit the exam in a university? I only ask because I noticed this name yesterday when I sat mine...

Ignore what everybody else says - I've just completed an honours degree in the computing science area. To pass the Cisco exam if you are actually capable of getting a job in networking you need a combination of~:

1) Studying the online Cisco net-academy material for at least a few months 2) Use past test answers, such as 'pass4sure'. You *must* know how an answer is derived, 'learning' brain-dumps is a disgusting way of passing the CCNA, so don't do it. If you do use the questions wisely I'd recommend it. 3) The new exam's not much different, in some respects easier. I mean come on, "What speed is an 802.11b LAN capable of?" - 11Mbps, not exactly hard if you're in touch wiht current technology networking trends.

Good luck for next time - don't rush to sit the exam again, it's 105 quid, so take your time.

Regards.

Reply to
r_trainer

Pass4sure is nothing but stolen answers to reals tests. Zero kudos for using that product, sorry.

Reply to
John Agosta

I think a style of question which would be asked can be useful. I'm not suggesting that one learns off by heart real test answers, but instead takes, for example, a singular frame relay question to understand the level of detail in a question.

I do agree these products are very 'bad' morally, I do understand however why some people use them. At university you would be given 'past papers' to show example questions, without answers. I think not knowing the answer to sample questions is generally good for aiding in learning material in the correct manner for passing an exam. I don't however condone these useless CCNAers out there who don't know their arse from their elbow; which to be honest sounds like many people in this group.

Reply to
r_trainer

Once again: Pass4sure is nothing but stolen answers to reals tests. Zero kudos for using that product, sorry.

Reply to
John Agosta

johnmc811 schrieb:

I passed the CCNA exam last month and I was happy with the ExSim from Boson Software. The questions and answers are NOT a copy of a real exam, but you´ll need the same skill level to be able to pass a Boson ExSim and the real exams as well.

Best regards, Martin.

Reply to
Martin Funke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.