simulator software?

Hi, Guys,

I am new on Cisco.

I don't have any real Cisco routers or switch for my study. I am just wondering

Is there any software that can simulate this-you can setup a Cisco network that includes many nodes, say, 10 routers and 10 switches?

Thanks!

Glen

Reply to
Glen Kellry
Loading thread data ...

There are a number of simulators on the market (Boson and Netsim come to mind), but be aware that they're somewhat limited in what commands they've implemented. Those far more knowledgeable than I could probably explain better.

Reply to
"Evil Joe" Schmuckatelli

i got a cracked version of router sim that does the job, limited as to how many 2600 routers you can include, but as far as switches and 25xx routers i think is unlimited, only ever needed to use 5 tho for a lab all the rest i did in the lab at my university with the real stuff

routersim aint bad though, it has most of the stuff needed to get into the basics of routing and router config, but if you ask me, nothing beats the real thing

there have been so many times that things have cocked up on the real routers, and that just doesnt happen in routersim

Reply to
Christo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.