Simulator/emulator refuses to run on win2k

I downloaded a simulator for cisco and realised that my system does not see or read the executable. i tried it on acrobat reader and realised that the reader's executable cannot be seen on my system. how is it possible to run the executable. it's a 7200 emulator i downloaded from ipflow. is there a problem with the way i downloaded teh executable? anyone who has encountered this problem before, will surely need some help. TIA david

Reply to
emekadavid
Loading thread data ...

you need to install the wpcap library

Reply to
Drake

version was loaded in my computer before i started downloading 7200 simulator. i've checked my assoc in ms-dos to see if i could find any problem with filetypes but couldn't find any. i'll really appreciate your help.

Reply to
emekadavid

C7200 instance 'default' (id 0): VM Status : 0 RAM size : 256 Mb IOMEM size : 0 Mb NVRAM size : 128 Kb NPE model : npe-200 Midplane : vxr IOS image : c7200-jk9o3s-mz.124-3.bin

Loading ELF file 'c7200-jk9o3s-mz.124-3.bin'... ELF entry point: 0x80008000

C7200 'default': starting simulation (CPU0 PC=0xffffffffbfc00000), JIT enabled. ROMMON emulation microcode.

Launching IOS image at 0x80008000... Self decompressing the image : ################################################# ################################################################################ ################################################################################ ################################################################################ ############################### [OK]

Restricted Rights Legend

Use, duplication, or disclosure by the Government is subject to restrictions as set forth in subparagraph (c) of the Commercial Computer Software - Restricted Rights clause at FAR sec. 52.227-19 and subparagraph (c) (1) (ii) of the Rights in Technical Data and Computer Software clause at DFARS sec. 252.227-7013.

cisco Systems, Inc. 170 West Tasman Drive San Jose, California 95134-1706

Cisco IOS Software, 7200 Software (C7200-JK9O3S-M), Version 12.4(3), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) Technical Support:

formatting link
(c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc. Compiled Fri 22-Jul-05 09:12 by hqluong Image text-base: 0x6000905C, data-base: 0x62B8A000

Port Statistics for unclassified packets is not turned on.

This product contains cryptographic features and is subject to United States and local country laws governing import, export, transfer and use. Delivery of Cisco cryptographic products does not imply third-party authority to import, export, distribute or use encryption. Importers, exporters, distributors and users are responsible for compliance with U.S. and local country laws. By using this product you agree to comply with applicable laws and regulations. If you are unable to comply with U.S. and local laws, return this product immediately.

A summary of U.S. laws governing Cisco cryptographic products may be found at:

formatting link
If you require further assistance please contact us by sending email to snipped-for-privacy@cisco.com.

Cisco 7206VXR (NPE200) processor (revision B) with 245760K/16384K bytes of memor y. Processor board ID 4294967295 R5000 CPU at 200MHz, Implementation 35, Rev 1.2

6 slot VXR midplane, Version 2.1

Last reset from power-on

Number of Fast PAs = 1 Number of Fast+Medium PAs = 1 Total number of PA bandwidth points consumed = 200 Please refer to the following document "Cisco 7200 Series Port Adaptor Hardware Configuration Guidelines" on CCO , for c7200 bandwidth points oversubscription/usage guidelines.

1 FastEthernet interface 125K bytes of NVRAM. 4096K bytes of packet SRAM memory.

65536K bytes of ATA PCMCIA card at slot 0 (Sector size 512 bytes).

8192K bytes of Flash internal SIMM (Sector size 256K). % Crashinfo may not be recovered at bootflash:crashinfo % This file system device reports an error

Press RETURN to get started!

Reply to
Drake

dynamips-w2000.exe in your case

#################################################

################################################################################

################################################################################

SOFTWARE (fc2)

thoroughly.

color=#008080>c7200-jk9o3s-mz.124-3.bin                    

microcode.

################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################################

size=2>             

(C7200-JK9O3S-M),

is

us

PAs

thanks for the information. right now, i don't have the binary executable for the ios, i'll use ios hunter to look for one then download through ftp. to say the truth, my system doesn't recognise the dynamips executable as a legacy .exe file. i checked file associations but everything is okay. it doesn't even recognise the acrobat reader executable itself and some other programs but accepts the winpcap program as a legal executable. if i have problems after trying out your instructions, i'll surely write you again. thanks.

Reply to
emekadavid

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.