SHow controllers?

Hello- I have used this command but dont understand what I am looking at when I get the results. Can anyone help please? TIA

Reply to
gregg johnstone
Loading thread data ...

For CCNA level, I'm pretty sure the main point is to show the DTE or DCE status of the interface.

This will be stated in the first three or so lines of the output, e.g. for an interface that is a DTE;

Router#sh contr s0/1

Interface Serial0/1 Hardware is PowerQUICC MPC860 DTE V.35 TX and RX clocks detected idb at 0x813CA7B4, driver data structure at 0x813D1CE8 SCC Registers:

May come in handy if you come across a situation where you don't know whether the interface has been set as a DTE or DCE.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
dilan.weerasinghe

Thanks alot for that- we had a problem in the lab yesterday,whereby we could ping everywhere and then we were getting carrier transistions and interface resets on one particular i/f-it turned out the cable was faulty :(

Reply to
gregg johnstone

To digress-another lab involved an ACL allowing only FTP traffic on 2 subnets-but a 3rd subnet was allowed access everywhere-couldnt work out why the ping wouldnt work-we forgot to put the permit ICMP ACL in .

Reply to
gregg johnstone

you once mentioned you were in the uk, i'm in the uk too, and thinking of going to a ccna place. which one are you at?

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

In Wolverhampton-email for the address

Reply to
gregg johnstone

thanks, I did email but i'm not sure if you received it. My email address is

q_q snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk

TIA

Reply to
q_q_anonymous

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.