Service Provider Bandwidth Test MPLS Network

Hi,

I have an MPLS network and a circuit that is 1.5 Mbps. I do not believe that I am receiving the full 1.5 Mbps speed on my WAN circuit. I want to complete a test on my own to determine the bandwdith on this circuit. I want to make sure that I am getting the full 1.5 Mbps on this circuit.

How can I test this myself? The site that I would like to test has a

2811 router and the head end router is a 7206 router. Are there any routing commands that I can use to complete this test or is there some software that is free that I can use to test this?

Thanks you for any response, Have a Great Day

Reply to
tmed
Loading thread data ...

Check out Iperf:

formatting link

- A Cisco guy in Fort Wayne, Indiana

tmed wrote:

Reply to
fugettaboutit

I often just use many pings with a large payloads all running at the same time (quick and easy)

Create a batch file with this line in it "ping -t -l 15000 x.x.x.x"

- where x.x.x.x is your destination address

- run more and more of the batch files and your circuit will saturate. Usually takes about 30 batch files running to saturate my T1.

- run it at your local site, pinging a destination site. The " -l

1500" may have to be adjust up or down depending on your MTU.

Then you could do a "show interface" within the router, and check the "5 minute output rate"

Or run something like PRTG (easy, windows, free limited verison) to trend your routers interface using SMTP

cheers Gavin Reynolds Perth, Australia

Reply to
reynoldsge

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.