Salary

If you have a CCNA, and only a CCNA for certification, maybe a bachelors and a associates to go with it would you please post your salary here...Just wondering for personal use...I will be finished with my bachelors in December and I have currently passed the INTRO and working on the ICND

Reply to
BMoore
Loading thread data ...

Just see this page here:

formatting link
These guys had access to much larger base of respondents than you could ever hope to get here and so their analysis should be statistically more accurate.

Hope you get your (Nat'l CCNA average) $76,500 soon if not there already :-)

Reply to
telecom-gear.com

Reply to
ewhost

I do helpdesk and make 10.50 an hour w/ an associates and 1/2 a CCNA lol...SC is horrible for jobs...im Looking I actually have an interview Monday...but its only 32,000, im working hard toward the future though

Reply to
BMoore

I'm not sure if this number is even close to real life salary for fresh graduate. Some people have 10-15 years of experience, and have their CCNA. And they are getting their big salaries not for CCNA, but for 15 years of experience... Also it depends on a region. San Francisco or Boston area may offer 80K+ or even 100K+ salary, but you will burn all these money with your first rent. However somewhere in a village in KY of ND people live like kings on 30K+. So, don't look at numbers - look around.

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

This is absolutely true. Just having a CCNA does not in anyway say if you are able to handle the responsibility of these jobs in the 76k range. If someone brought me a resume requesting that and having a CCNA, but no practical experience, I would laugh them right out of the office. I would venture to guess that entry level CCNA salaries would average more around $40-45k. That's still not bad for an entry level position. Same as entry professional career. Imagine a lawyer fresh out of the bar exam requesting the salary of some of the seasoned veterans. All it says is that he can pass a test. And, I'll bet there are a good number of CCNA's making over

100k.

So, you can't really make a direct correlation of CCNA to salary.

Just MHO,

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

yea im not expecting more than 50, but I would like to make 45 at least, with an associates, bachelors, CCNA and a year of level 2 helpdesk

Reply to
BMoore

Brandon,

As it was said, don't look for figures in the salary - look around. If you live in a small town, where there are no businesses, then be glad with what you have. If you want 45K or 50K as a startup, be ready to move to another town, county, or even state. Just look at Dice or Monster for salaries in your area. It will give you more realistic picture of what to expect.

Good luck,

Mike CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, Cisco Voice, MCSE W2K, MCSE+I, Security+, etc. CCIE R&S (in progress), CCIE Voice (in progress)

------ Headset Adapters for Cisco IP Phones

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
headsetadapter.com

I would agree with Jim, that there is no direct correlation. It is just 'icing' on the cake so to speak. If you are talking about having a B.S. degree and a CCNA then you should do o.k. The bottom line when it comes to your pay is - how much money are you going to make the business? Have you proven this in the past? If you are "green" your salary will be lower than most. Don't get disillusioned on how much your degree and certification are worth. All I can say is to do your research determine where you want to live, focus, and go for it. The post you made here is a great start! As far as the salary question, I make about 1CK living in the Southeast, I just got my CCNA last month, but I do have an M.S. in Telecommunications Management and 10 years of experience... like I said... it's icing...

Reply to
Pat

You may wish to investigate 2007 Cisco Salary Rates:

formatting link
as well as Cisco Resumes:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese on Cisco Network World Magazine Cisco Subnet

formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.